[Sep 29, Sun] PilotEdge Birthday Bash!

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Sep 29, Sun] PilotEdge Birthday Bash!

Post by Keith Smith »

PilotEdge is turning 2! Come and join our birthday celebration with a group flight from SFO-LGB (jets) or SBA-LGB (turboprops and pistons), then a quick turn to Vegas for jets or BFL for turboprops and pistons. Yep, LGB is going to be busy! Get ready for Land and Hold Short clearances for arrivals on 25R while the jets are landing on runway 30.

Here are the preferred routes for these city pairs:
JETS:
KSFO - KLGB: OFFSH7.SXC Myflightroute
KLGB – KLAS (RNAV): SENIC1.DAG.KEPEC3 Myflightroute
KLGB - KLAS (non-RNAV): SLI POM DAG.CLARR2 Myflightroute

Turboprops/Props:
KSBA – KLGB:
Props: KWANG CMA VNY V186 ADAMM V394 SLI (SBAN5 TEC route). Myflightroute
Turbo Props: KWANG VTU V208 SXC SLI (SBAN8 TEC route) Myflightroute

KLGB – KBFL
No preferred routes exist. Here is the pre-filled page on myflightroute.

We hope to see you there!
twharrell

Re: [Sep 29, Sun] PilotEdge Birthday Bash!

Post by twharrell »

Sweet, I'll bring the virtual chips and dip. What to fly, what to fly? Hmmm.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Aleks. L.

Post by Aleks. L. »

I'll try and be there! :)
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Marked my calendar. :D
Amengol

Post by Amengol »

I'll try to be there too.
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

Keith and the gang, you know how much I would love to have been involved, especially flying my new beloved PMDG B777-200, with the many wonderful friends I have made on PE over the last couple of years. I suspect you will have enough traffic to take KLAX and KLAS back off me for a few hours. I'll gladly let you have a loan of them for a few hours so long as you promise to give them back to the boy from down under in time for my morning (AEST) flight. Unfortunately, when all the action is happening below me, I will be in my real world A330-300, somewhere above real world FL320, flying back to Australia, and no doubt chewing off the Captain's and First Officer's ears telling them about the wonders of PE hoping they help spread the word. Enjoy the celebration of your success my dear friend, it is well and truly deserved.
twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Kim,

Aren't you flying back home this weekend? Because the bash is next weekend. Maybe I heard you wrong last night.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

twharrell wrote:Kim, Aren't you flying home this weekend? Because the bash is next weekend. Maybe I heard you wrong last night. Todd
Todd, the dates and flights of this trip have changed so much that anything is possible, but no, we fly out of Penang for KL some time Monday 30th September (local time), out of KL for Coolangatta at Mon, Sep 30 2013 21:25, arrive early Tuesday morning, pick up the car from my brother's and drive north for 6 hours back to Mengyuan (i.e. home, http://mengyuan.com.au) where we will arrive late afternoon :)
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

I'll definitely be making this one, can't wait!

Fellow X-Plane scenery junkies: scenery for each airport being used except KBFL can be found at http://www.xpscenery.net

I also highly recommend SimHeaven's Los Angeles photoscenery, which is far better and covers a much larger area than the photoscenery found on x-plane.org. Link: http://simheaven.com/?page_id=208&wpfb_file=21 Massive download but it's worth it - very good quality/FPS ratio.
Last edited by Jeff N on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MervA

Post by MervA »

Love to be there, but as always in my part of the globe, I will be just about to finish work as you guys and girls are ending the bash, it will be my Monday afternoon. :x

Have fun !!

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor