Jeff's X-Plane Scenery for SoCal and Beyond

Jeff N

Re: Jeff's X-Plane Scenery for SoCal and Beyond

Post by Jeff N »

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to devote to scenery creation, or even simming, lately. I'll try to squeeze in some WED time this week but it'll be a while before KPSP is ready for release. It's a big airport, with lots of peripheral scenery additions needed to make it look and feel like the real thing. I apologize for the long lead time on this one.
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

It's all good, Jeff. Your hard work is worth the wait.

Thanks!
Lee Williams
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Some of you may be aware of the incredible KSAN/KMYF/KCRQ package released on the org by MisterX6. Fantastic, ground breaking work. But..some have asked me if there's a way to run his KSAN and KMYF while keeping my KCRQ.

My Palomar airport is a little more detailed (stock XP10 objects notwithstanding) but his photo scenery and buildings/trees around the vicinity of the field are a major plus.

If you know your way around WorldEditor (WED), you can simply open his KSAN package (download the optional add-on that contains the WED file) and in the top right window pane of WED, open the KCRQ folder and hide (click the eye next to) all the subfolders other than the area buildings, orthos and forests. Then save and export.

You'll get my airport layout, objects and corrected roads along with his high def ortho imagery and surrounding buildings and trees. Best of both worlds.

Now...I wonder if I can convince him to take over KPSP...
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Hey Jeff,

Just tried your SNA package for the first time. In short, I'm blown away by the quality and attention to detail. Fine work!
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Tim Krajcar wrote:Hey Jeff,

Just tried your SNA package for the first time. In short, I'm blown away by the quality and attention to detail. Fine work!
Ditto here. Just installed and it's great. Nearly hit a Piper Meridian static plane when taxiing at night!
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Thanks guys, glad you like the scenery!
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

Jeff this scenery is awesome! Thanks! *cough* any chance for KVNY? *cough*

Thanks again!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Thanks Brett.

I actually made an exhaustively detailed Van Nuys for XP9 but it kept getting deleted from the org for some reason. Luckily, another user created one for XP10. Here's a link: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=18251
Last edited by Jeff N on Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

Got it! Thanks it's great! :)

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
Mike133

Post by Mike133 »

Jeff thank you for your generosity and hard work in putting together a (free) "one-stop-shop" for SOCAL airports.

I have a question regarding your suggestion to disable all lego brick airports by removing the "Global Airports" folder from the "Custom Scenery" folder. I would like to use your fine airports when I'm using PE, but I would like to keep the lego brick airports that exist outside of the PE service area.

Is there anyway I can individually remove the lego brick airports that conflict with your airports while retaining the rest that exist outside of SOCAL? I am not very fluent in how X-Plane works behind the scenes but I would imagine that if it were possible to remove certain lego brick airports from Custom Scenery, that the unwanted lego brick airports would return upon updating X-Plane. If this is the case, then I imagine that every time I update X-Plane I will need to go and fiddle with the Global Airports folder, removing the lego brick airports that conflict and potentially having to rewrite your airports to the folder if they had been overwritten or somehow had their entry removed by the process of X-Plane updating.

I hope that all made sense. Thanks again for the work Jeff, and to Jeff or anyone else who can help me make this happen, I greatly appreciate it!