X-Plane plugin v1.5.0 released

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.5.0 released

Postby flyingdrill » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:55 pm

Keith Smith wrote:
flyingdrill wrote:Any plans for a Mac release for 1.5.0?


It was released at the same time as the PC and Linux build, all in the same distribution.


Sorry, Keith. It was not so clear. If you look at the Download PilotEdge X-Plane page, you will see that it says:

"PilotEdge.zip (351MB, v1.5.0 Windows, Jul 20, 2018) (Release Notes)"
flyingdrill
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 am

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.5.0 released

Postby uncertifiedpilot » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:28 pm

Ah yes, that’s it! Thanks Keith :)
I use flight simulator to get Instrument Rated: www.uncertifiedpilot.com
Join my live streams on Twitch
Watch my previous flights on YouTube
uncertifiedpilot
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:50 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.5.0 released

Postby flyingdrill » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:14 am

Hi Keith,
Not too happy with v1.5.0. Eugene sounds awful, and Jeneva not much better. I was "talking" to Eugene at Boise on Ground, and he was verging on the unintelligible. Nothing to do with his accent, with which I have no problem whatsoever with the older plugin. Joe has his own filtering setup, and has always sounded very realistic in the the older plugin. Now, everything sounds very "tinny" and robotic - with no trace of any bass at all, and perhaps too much distortion in transmissions from further away. Jeneva sounded like she was on her own in a huge empty hall! Just my opinion. Other customers seem happy.....
I'm on an iMac in High Sierra.

I've reverted to v1.3.1. It keeps me happy :)
flyingdrill
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 am

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.5.0 released

Postby Keith Smith » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:21 pm

flyingdrill wrote:Hi Keith,
Not too happy with v1.5.0. Eugene sounds awful, and Jeneva not much better. I was "talking" to Eugene at Boise on Ground, and he was verging on the unintelligible. Nothing to do with his accent, with which I have no problem whatsoever with the older plugin. Joe has his own filtering setup, and has always sounded very realistic in the the older plugin. Now, everything sounds very "tinny" and robotic - with no trace of any bass at all, and perhaps too much distortion in transmissions from further away. Jeneva sounded like she was on her own in a huge empty hall! Just my opinion. Other customers seem happy.....
I'm on an iMac in High Sierra.

I've reverted to v1.3.1. It keeps me happy :)


That's odd, and doesn't match what is being experienced by everyone else. Janevah has had transmission issues of late, those are unrelated to the plugin (it shows up in the recordings). But, if you're happier with v1.3.1, that's good.
Keith Smith
 
Posts: 9319
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: Pompton Plains, NJ

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.5.0 released

Postby flyingdrill » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:17 am

Keith Smith wrote:
flyingdrill wrote:Hi Keith,
Not too happy with v1.5.0. Eugene sounds awful, and Jeneva not much better. I was "talking" to Eugene at Boise on Ground, and he was verging on the unintelligible. Nothing to do with his accent, with which I have no problem whatsoever with the older plugin. Joe has his own filtering setup, and has always sounded very realistic in the the older plugin. Now, everything sounds very "tinny" and robotic - with no trace of any bass at all, and perhaps too much distortion in transmissions from further away. Jeneva sounded like she was on her own in a huge empty hall! Just my opinion. Other customers seem happy.....
I'm on an iMac in High Sierra.

I've reverted to v1.3.1. It keeps me happy :)


That's odd, and doesn't match what is being experienced by everyone else. Janevah has had transmission issues of late, those are unrelated to the plugin (it shows up in the recordings). But, if you're happier with v1.3.1, that's good.


Trust me to be unique....... As I haven't flown RW for a few weeks, maybe I'm out of touch. However, I still felt it sounds like an old WWII film's Spitfires talking to each other! Even listening to ATC on the best YouTube flying sites (Premier 1, Steveo, etc.), it all sounds a bit bassier to me.

I'll give it another go in a while, but I'm happy I can always revert. I've said before that I don't regard this aspect of the product to be important to me. Each to his own. It would be good for new or customers who don't speak English as their first language (or, actually, any of us!) to have the option in the plugin to switch this in or out.
flyingdrill
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:15 am

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.5.0 released

Postby Keith Smith » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:39 am

flyingdrill wrote:
Keith Smith wrote:
flyingdrill wrote:Any plans for a Mac release for 1.5.0?


It was released at the same time as the PC and Linux build, all in the same distribution.


Sorry, Keith. It was not so clear. If you look at the Download PilotEdge X-Plane page, you will see that it says:

"PilotEdge.zip (351MB, v1.5.0 Windows, Jul 20, 2018) (Release Notes)"


That's odd, I'm pretty sure that used to list all platforms. Will fix the list.
Keith Smith
 
Posts: 9319
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: Pompton Plains, NJ

Previous

Return to X-Plane

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pkofman and 1 guest

cron