X-Plane plugin v1.8.6 released

Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.1.1 released

Post by Keith Smith »

1.1.1b released for Windows (fixes 1.1.1 Windows release from Oct 18).
Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.1.2 (Mac) / v1.1.3 (Windows) released

Post by Keith Smith »

1.1.3 posted for Windows, 1.1.2 posted for MacOS. See release notes in first post.
Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.1.4 released (Mac/Windows)

Post by Keith Smith »

1.1.4 (Jun 30, 2015) Windows/Mac
- includes support for ForeFlight traffic, see the "Configuring traffic for ForeFlight" section of download page: http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/download-software-xplane
Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.1.5 released (Mac/Windows/Linux)

Post by Keith Smith »

1.1.5 for Linux

- built with Ubuntu 14, users who weren't able to load the plugin in the past may have better luck with this version. I'll be looking further into build settings which will support even older systems. It's a libgcc version issue.

- resolved the 5 character callsign limitation.

I finally have my own linux desktop up and running, making it much easier to build and test.
Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.2.0 released (Mac/Windows/Linux)

Post by Keith Smith »

1.2.0 (Sep 16, 2016) Windows/Mac/Linux
- support for simultaneous reception of dual comms
- TX is determined by sim/cockpit/switches/audio_panel_out (6 for COM1, 7 for COM2)
- RX for COM1 is determined by sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/audio_selection_com1 and sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/com1_power
- RX for COM2 is determined by sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/audio_selection_com2 and sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/com2_power

- support for TCAS
- requires 'other aircraft' to be enabled. Max # of TCAS targets will be based on the number of 'other aircraft' set (minus 1). Aircraft->Aircraft & Situations->Other Aircraft. Set 'number of aircraft' to the max number of TCAS targets +1. For example, to see the closest 5 TCAS targets, set number of aircraft to 6.
Matthew McColl

Post by Matthew McColl »

But when I set my Number of aircraft, it will spawn that many aircraft in x-plane as AI, so not only will I have PE traffic, I'll also have AI traffic interfering, will I not?
Matthew McColl, king of the monotonous radio calls and gizmo plugin failures... Stay well clear when I'm up!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Matthew McColl wrote:But when I set my Number of aircraft, it will spawn that many aircraft in x-plane as AI, so not only will I have PE traffic, I'll also have AI traffic interfering, will I not?

Normally that would be true, but we take care of that and reset the number back to 1 when xplane is drawing the outside visuals, then back to the actual number of TCAS targets when it's time to draw the TCAS.