X-Plane plugin v1.8.6 released

Matthew McColl

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.2.0 released (Mac/Windows/Linux)

Post by Matthew McColl »

So I just set 10 or so, and as soon as I connect to PE, the plugin deletes those AI traffic?
Matthew McColl, king of the monotonous radio calls and gizmo plugin failures... Stay well clear when I'm up!
Matthew McColl

Post by Matthew McColl »

This plugin is not working for me. My headset no longer works with it; I can't send/ receive voice. :(
Matthew McColl, king of the monotonous radio calls and gizmo plugin failures... Stay well clear when I'm up!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Make sure the audio panel is set up to monitor com1 (assuming that is what you are transmitting on). This design requires it now, whereas it was not important before.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Matthew McColl wrote:So I just set 10 or so, and as soon as I connect to PE, the plugin deletes those AI traffic?
Not quite. I explained it in my previous post. It sets the value to 1 when xplane is drawing the outside world, then back to the original number when xplane is drawing the panel.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

1.2.1 (Sep 18, 2016) Windows/Mac/Linux
- removed possiblity of ghost targets on TCAS for various TCAS implementations that don't actually check to see how many active targets there are before they iterate the full list of multiplayer aircraft
- added heading information to TCAS data for Aerobask E-1000 and anyone else who uses that data
Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.2.2 released (Mac/Windows/Linux)

Post by Keith Smith »

1.2.2 (Sep 19, 2016) Windows/Mac/Linux
- fixed multi-machine (slave) code that was causing visuals to not show any traffic at all. Update required only if you run a multi-machine installation
Balu0

Post by Balu0 »

Can I replace the default AI aircraft objects with better looking ones? Are they any special compared to any other AI modell in X-plane ?
Balu0

Post by Balu0 »

Keith Smith wrote:Have you downloaded the HD CSL's from the web site?
Ye I have those, they are good, but it would be nice to have some more HD from the GA line, especially c172/182/210, the baron, and so on, I usually meet them.
Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.3.1 released

Post by Keith Smith »

1.3.1 (May 16, 2017) Windows/Mac/Linux
- TL;DR: delete your PilotEdge folder, download the new plugin and start over. Do not attempt to use your existing CSLs. Also, consider download all of the HD CSLs now availble on the web site.

- added volume support via XPlane sound settings

- added volume support via volume knobs (separate for com1 and com2) for radios that support it (Reality XP and Aerobask radios for example)

- initial release of clamping of targets (reducing floaters and land sharks). Logic is simple, if target is known to have weight on wheels, it will be drawn at ground level to the best of our ability. Without a weight on wheels indication, for aircraft < 100AGL, we clamp any non-helicopter traffic if it's doing 30kts or less over the ground. while helicopter traffic is clamped if it's doing 1kt or less. If an aircraft would normally be drawn at what we consider to be less than a minimal viable altitude (based on terrain height, strut compression and known gear height), we draw it at ground level. Between those two cases, we cover land sharks and floaters. There are issues with this approach, namely a lack of smooth progression from clamped to non-clamped. Namely, a clamped floater will jump off the ground aggressively once it breaks ground. Landsharks linger on the runway during rotation (while their real altitude catches up to the artificially high altitude we are drawing them at to keep them above ground). This MAY be addressed in a future implementation with smoother progressions between clamped and non-clamped states.

- ICAO code detection at connect time. You no longer enter the ICAO code in the connect dialogue box. It's read from the aircraft directly. If the incorrect ICAO code is specified for a given aircraft, it needs to be corrected via PlaneMaker (in the Standard->Author menu). Say goodbye to the B58's and PA28's!

- All legacy CSLs have been removed from the plugin distribution and replaced with HD CSLs, or medium fidelity OBJ8-based CSLs (such as the Bluebell package) with gear offsets included (for the clamping feature above). It is highly recommended that users remove their PIlotEdge folder and download/install all CSLs from scratch to ensure that they are using either the new stock CSLs or the newly released HD CSLs.

- WorldTraffic datarefs are now generated on a limited basis in order to support some of the animations in the Bluebell CSL packages which we now included with the plugin. This allows for gear rotation, prop rotation and strut compression which isn't visible on other networks where the Bluebell CSLs are used.

- Flight plan fields are capitalized before being sent to the server (even though they're not capitalized in the user interface)

- Callsign, livery and airline are all capitalized before being sent to the server

- PE_voltage.txt and PE_groundspeed.txt files can now be placed in the same folder as an aircraft to override the datarefs which are used to read the bus voltage and ground speed, respectively. These files are read at CONNECT time, not at the time and aircraft is loaded. The PilotEdge_out.txt file in the xplane root directory contains information at connect time about whether these files have been located for the current aircraft, and whether the datarefs were found. This fix allows the JAR A320 to be fixed (a PE_voltage.txt file for that aircraft will be available soon).