Dash8 Q400 Special Training Session

Zoolander64

Dash8 Q400 Special Training Session

Post by Zoolander64 »

EVENT: Dash8 Q400 Training
TOPIC: All about the Q400 from Majestic Software
TIME: Feb 8th(Saturday), 10a PT / 1p ET (1800 UTC)

Greetings Aviators,

We are please to offer a special Dash8 Q400 training session offered by Jeff Whitaker. The Q400 is a twin-engined, medium range, turboprop aircraft. Introduced by de Havilland Canada in 1984, over 1,000 Dash 8s of all models have been built. Majestic Software has recreated an advanced simulation of this aircraft in every aspect. It contains an independant Flight Dynamics Engine (FDE), capable of running at a much higher rate than the default FSX FDE, and free of the inherent problems pertaining to the default aircraft flight dynamics. It provides realistic wind simulation, icing effects, enhanced propeller physics including the propeller discing and auto rotation, effects of the propeller airstream on the wing lift and the icing effects on the propeller, wings and the flight surfaces.

Jeff and DigitalThemePark will be providing a special training session surrounding this aircraft. Learn how to best setup and config, weight and balance, all phases of flight, and the various systems.

This is a day you will not want to miss. We shall see you there on TeamSpeak at ts3.digitalthemepark.com

###
DigitalThemePark is a multi-gaming community of over 12,000 virtual citizens. It provides organization and congregation of gamers through the use Voice-over IP (TeamSpeak 3), while promoting the interests of gaming, software, and hardware. DigitalThemePark Flight Division uses dedicated servers "in-the-cloud" for TeamSpeak, FSX Multiplayer and FSHost Multiplayer.
-Todd, aka Zoolander64
Staff Member at DigitalThemePark
Connect TeamSpeak to ts3.digitalthemepark.com
Hesynergy

Dash8-Q400 Training & FSHost shared cockpit invitation

Post by Hesynergy »

Todd,

I'm a little bit late to the party here but is it possible that there is video of this event?

Might you entertain doing another one, perhaps with another plane if not this one again?

I have just now become acquainted with multiplayer shared cockpit vis-à-vis Keith's recent X-plane Shared cockpit vids on Youtube, and was impressed with the quality, and obvious fun the PF and PNF were having.

From some research this morning, I found FSHOST, which has, anecdotally, allowed P3D flyers to host OR BE A CLIENT OF ANY FsX or Prepar3d v1-2 sim flight.

THIS IS ALSO AN INVITATION to anyone flying P3d or FSX to tryout FSHOST with me for shared cockpit attempts.

All those interested in doing FSX Prepar3D or FS9 shared COCKPIT flights check out the FS host site below

http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/

Mind you, I am not adverse to doing X-plane shared cockpits. I have X-plane. But if I can have performance AND EYE-Candy, then I definitely want that.

If were doing IFR here on PE, which I would prefer, we are going to have our hands full on the departure and most especially the approach and landing phases, which kinda minimizes the necessity for eye candy… Doesn't it… Chas?

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnno! Iwantboth!!!

chas
Last edited by Hesynergy on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisS

Re: Dash8 Q400 Special Training Session

Post by ChrisS »

twharrell

Post by twharrell »

Chas,

If you heven't already, check out Airline2Sim's Q400 video training series. $30USD for 9 videos. They are all very well done and you'll learn a lot. Another more advanced series is to be released soon.

Todd
Regards,

Todd
Hesynergy

Post by Hesynergy »

Thanks Todd and Chris!

Have a great day

Chas
bruce

Post by bruce »

twharrell wrote:Chas,

If you haven't already, check out Airline2Sim's Q400 video training series. $30USD for 9 videos. They are all very well done and you'll learn a lot. Another more advanced series is to be released soon.

Todd
A short 8 min clip of one of the training flights is available in a a Mutleys Hangar article http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/kf/a2s/a2s.htm. To avoid any confusion the a/c is flown by a simmer being guided by a real world Dash 8 First Officer from a British airline