shared cockpit stream tonight

Keith Smith

shared cockpit stream tonight

Post by Keith Smith »

Ty (twitch name: Catstrator) and I will be streaming some shared cockpit flights this evening on twitch.tv (see the twitch announcement in this forum) at around 6:30pm PDT. We're still working out the game plan regarding the specifics, but if you're curious about xplane's shared cockpit capability and how it works on PE, this would be a good stream to watch!
Dustin

Re: shared cockpit stream tonight

Post by Dustin »

Will the roles be pilot/copilot or student/instructor?
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

Pilot/Copilot for two legs, student/instructor if we have time for a third.
Pieces

Post by Pieces »

I don't know if you're both going to be streaming, but if you are people can watch both streams at once at http://www.multitwitch.tv/ksmith_pe/catstrator.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks Reece, I haven't decided if we're both going to stream or just use Ty's.
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

Thanks to all who stopped by. Next time we can put someone else on the spot :). If anyone wants to see a replay I cut a highlight reel with the flight where Keith was PIC.
http://www.twitch.tv/catstrator/c/4034211
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Both of those flights were a ton of fun. On flight #1 (SMO-CRQ), I was pilot flying while Ty had the radios and backed me up on all the navigation decisions. The second flight was CRQ to SNA, Ty had the controls, I had the radios.

This is neat stuff. The implications for CRM training and student/instructor are considerable.
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

Keith Smith wrote:Both of those flights were a ton of fun. On flight #1 (SMO-CRQ), I was pilot flying while Ty had the radios and backed me up on all the navigation decisions. The second flight was CRQ to SNA, Ty had the controls, I had the radios.

This is neat stuff. The implications for CRM training and student/instructor are considerable.
That was pretty cool to watch - even with all the glitches you two were getting. I missed the landing at SNA as I think the bandwidth went the way of the dinosaurs.
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes, Ty's stream went offline at the end of the 2nd flight just before landing, but it eventually came back (Ty thought it was a twitch issue, not a local problem) and he was able to stream a locally saved video of the replay, so it all worked out :)