Carenado 210 xplane9

sellener777

Carenado 210 xplane9

Post by sellener777 »

I find the 210 is awful difficult to handfly. At medium power setting level flight I run out of nose down trim. CG is normal. AP will max out the nose down trim and then will not be able to hold altitude. You can change airspeed to compensate but seems stupid. I find myself running out of trim when I handfly as well. Anybody have similar issues?
sellener777

Re: Carenado 210 xplane9

Post by sellener777 »

I might add: if anybody out there has a good suggestion for payware of shareware model for C182 or similar that is good for IFR training IE good 2d panel and ok VC to taxi with......please let me know. Thanks
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Are you sure you have the latest update? The initial release of the Carenado 210 had insufficient down trim but it was fixed in an subsequent update.

If you do have the latest file then you're simply going over max speed. I think I run out of trim at around 160 KIAS.

If you want to go faster, you can tweak the trim deflection in PlaneMaker.

1. Open PlaneMaker 9.7 or PlaneMaker v10, depending on which plane you wish to edit, and open up the C210 for the version of X-Plane you're making the tweaks for.
2. Go to "Standard>Control Geometry", to the "Trim& Speed" tab.
3. Adjust numbers beside "Elevator trim Down then Up" as needed for your flying style.

Recommended values:

v9: 0.52
v10: 5.6
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

I will try that, and let u know. Thanks a bunch.

Also, would plane maker have adjustments that would effect the stability of the handflying characteristics in xplane? IE: id like to numb up the whole airplance so it flys hands off with more stability. Not going for realism, just need it to handfly stable enough to let go of yoke for 10 seconds at a time without having the thing in a steep turn when i look up. Using it for IFR training with students, and I like them hamndflying to devolep prioritization skills but if the plane cant trim out for 10 seconds witout trim or yoke imput, it is difficult to copy a clearance or multitask approriately.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Reducing control sensitivity won't help if it's not flying straight when you're hands off.

I hand fly the stock Baron for long periods with no issues, and can go hands off for reasonable lengths of time in smooth weather.

Two things to check:
1) make sure your control inputs are indeed 0 when you're hands off. Use the data input&output screen to check the joystick inputs. Increase the nullzone as needed until you can get all zeros when hands off.

2) make sure you have aileron trim available to you. X-Plane seems to overstate the rolling tendency of aircraft with power changes. When I hand fly the Baron, I am adjust aileron trim with nearly every power change.
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

thanks, I got it under control a bit now......have to use aileron trim often with power changes but much better.
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

also I have a Saitek switch panel and it turns the mags on, but will not turn them off??

The mag switch works in other aircraft?

the 3d panel mag switch works with mouse click

the mags are recognized in both directions by programming software from Saitek?

Any ideas