My Xplane fails to start w/PE Client upgrade

tbroin

My Xplane fails to start w/PE Client upgrade

Post by tbroin »

I'm upgrading my Pilot Edge client and having an issue. According to the directions, I've unzipped the new software and copied the Pilot Edge folder into the "X-plane 10/Resources/Plugins" folder. When I try to run X-plane it fails to start and crashes the Xplane application. Do I need to uninstall any of the original beta Pilot Edge files from the "X-plane 10/Resources/Plugins" folder to correct this issue? My Xplane install should be good, I'm able to remove the PilotEdge folder and Xplane will startup and function normally. Any ideas?
currentadventure

Re: My Xplane fails to start w/PE Client upgrade

Post by currentadventure »

Keith would know best but I would remove the previous version and reinstall the new
Brent Stanley
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
Inshore Charter Guide
Private Pilot, ASEL
http://www.currentadventurecharters.com
My PE callsign-N134WD
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Remove the existing plugin completely then let me know if you haves issues with the new plugin.

Edit: moved to the X-Plane specific forum.
tbroin

Post by tbroin »

Keith - Thanks for your prompt reply. I did some searching and found the forum post with the original 64 bit x-plane beta files I downloaded. They were:
fmodex64.dll
tx3client_win64.dll
VSProPlugin64.xpl
I removed them from the "X-plane 10/Resources/Plugins" folder. I copied the new unzipped PilotEdge folder into the "X-plane 10/Resources/Plugins" folder and it's working. Thanks!