Steam X-Plane crashing with PE plugin

Keith Smith

Re: Steam X-Plane crashing with PE plugin

Post by Keith Smith »

Ok for those that want to try it out, http://keith.tristesse.com/~keith/pe/mac.xpl (this should be considered beta and should only be downloaded by Steam users who are having issues). This v1.1.1 of the PE plugin. It contains new networking infrastructure that hasn't been well-tested yet. Let me know if this solves your issue with Steam. If so, we'll then worry about whether you can consistently see other airplanes with it or not (may or may not work consistently with the new networking code, which is UDP-based). For now, though, my goal is simply to ensure that the plugin loads properly.
noisy

Post by noisy »

Hi Keith,
this provided plugin loads perfect with steam version of X-Plane, but when i try to look on bots it disconnect me from the network approx after 2 minutes.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ok, that would be the new networking code that I was referring to above. I'll get the older plugin built and linked so it should work on steam but have the networking fixed.
noisy

Post by noisy »

will be waiting for that
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Noisy, you should be good to go, grab the file again from the URL above. The version number hasn't changed.
noisy

Post by noisy »

Awesome!