Contact ATC when not flying on Pilot edge

tweeter2369

Contact ATC when not flying on Pilot edge

Post by tweeter2369 »

I'm trying to fly offline but when i try and contact atc no box appears as it used to. Its been awhile since I've tried this since PE so i could just be forgetting the procedures. can anyone help. Thanks!
mikealphacharlie

Re: Contact ATC when not flying on Pilot edge

Post by mikealphacharlie »

I have a vague recollection that the PE plugin diverts input from the standard XP ATC and that you may need to disable the PE plugin in order to resume normal service. But I could be imagining this !

Steve
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

We override the Contact ATC feature in X-Plane. You should disable or remove the PE plugin is you want to use the offline ATC.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

As has been mentioned, simply remove the PilotEdge plugin from the plugins folder and you'll have your artificial ATC back.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
tweeter2369

Post by tweeter2369 »

Thanks for the reply. I did try that however it didn't work. It appears a chat bar is popping up now. Not sure why with it configured to contact atc. I don't think this a PE issue any more. However just a suggestion add a function so we don't have to remove the plugin every time someone wants to fly offline. If that is possible.
Thanks all
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Can't you just disable it with the plugin manager from the menu? I think that should do the trick.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If you are hitting Contact ATC and a menu is coming up, then the native functionality is working perfectly and our plugin isn't in play.

What are you hoping/expecting to see when you hit Contact ATC and you're flying offline?

If our plugin is loaded, then it overrides the Contact ATC function even if you're not connected because we have a shortcut to connect and disconnect to/from the network, which is 5 clicks of the PTT within 4 seconds.
tweeter2369

Post by tweeter2369 »

I believe the problem is something else and because PE is in the loop with the button for contacting ATC on offline flight it led me to PE forms first. Sorry for any confusion but it sounds like it works appropriately for you guys. I will try and find the source of my issue and update what it is or just update a re-install. Either way i just want to be able to talk to atc offline and its not working for me. Yes the button is configured correctly. I believe the issue grew when i tried flying with a friend of mine in a lan environment. I might have made some changes and forgot what changes i made. Again thanks once i locate the fix i will update the form. Glad to see its not PE software though!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

PE is in the loop even if you haven't connected to the network. However, if you remove our plugin and hit the Contact ATC button, you SHOULD be seeing a menu with all sorts of text options. That is xplane's built-in ATC system. What are you expecting to see when you hit the Contact ATC feature when PE isn't in the loop?
tweeter2369

Post by tweeter2369 »

Keith I agree thats why i went forward with reinstall. Issue resolved. I'm assuming I made a change and for got what i did. Thanks for taking the time to try and help me. Sorry for the waste of resources with my own mistake. Take care.