can't hear atc

doog

can't hear atc

Post by doog »

I'm new to pilotedge and trying to make it work. I bought an ASUS headset that connects over USB. My problem is that ATC can hear me, and I can hear ATC but only when I set the audio output source to the computer speakers. When I set it to the USB headset I don't hear them. They seem to be hearing me because I got a PilotEdge alert that said they could hear me. The problem with having them output on the speakers and me talk on the headset is that with the engine noise in the headset I can't really hear them very well. When I go into preferences and set the audio output to my headset, it doesn't seem to take. I can select the headset output but clicking "OK" does nothing. Any advice? Do I need a new headset to make this work?
Keith Smith

Re: can't hear atc

Post by Keith Smith »

One other user is reporting that he can't select his headset as the audio device, but other than that, it's not something we've seen before.

I would make everything come out of the speakers and simply reduce the engine volume within xplane's preferences.
wmburns

Re: can't hear atc

Post by wmburns »

The thread doesn't state which OS is being used (Win7, Win8, Mac).

I will try to help if Windows.

Can you post a screen snip of your device manager settings with the audio devices expanded?