annoying disk 1......

falopz

annoying disk 1......

Post by falopz »

is there anyway to stop xplane ask to to insert disk 1 to exite demo mode, its really anoying
Cyrus

Re: annoying disk 1......

Post by Cyrus »

Not understanding. Why are you in demo mode? Do you mean you don't want to keep the disk in the drive?
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
falopz

Post by falopz »

i bought it , but like every week it ask to insert disk1, ive installed scenerys etc etc works perfect but its likle a protection i guess, every week i have to insert disk1.....
falopz

Post by falopz »

no, im not in demo mode, thats what i dont get.....i fly all the way around with PE, if i was in demos mode, i wont let me isntall socal scenery etc, works perfect
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Oh I see. I think it's just asking for the disk every now and then to ensure you are still the owner of the software. Having said that, there are lots of freeware optical drive imaging packages (for example, this one) that can emulate a physical CD/DVD drive.

Step one: you create an ISO copy of your original X-Plane disk. Step two: you "mount" that ISO image as a virtual drive in your system. That's it! It will never ask for the disk again.

I could be wrong, but I believe this is perfectly legal as long as you still possess the original media. (Please check first though!)
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

Cyrus wrote:Oh I see. I think it's just asking for the disk every now and then to ensure you are still the owner of the software. Having said that, there are lots of freeware optical drive imaging packages (for example, this one) that can emulate a physical CD/DVD drive.

Step one: you create an ISO copy of your original X-Plane disk. Step two: you "mount" that ISO image as a virtual drive in your system. That's it! It will never ask for the disk again.

I could be wrong, but I believe this is perfectly legal as long as you still possess the original media. (Please check first though!)
Just so you know - this method is frowned upon by the X-plane community for this exact reason - I could be wrong, but I believe this is perfectly legal as long as you still possess the original media. (Please check first though!)
If you do this then you could "potentially" not have a need for the discs anymore and sell them to another party.

I am not judging, I am just informing you from other forums that I have been on. I had the exact same question years ago and was met with some unenthusiastic responses.
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
falopz

Post by falopz »

hi im beggining to understand it,,when you say save that disk image in your system can you be little more specific, inside xplane folder desktop etc?

im not expert
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If you'd like the convenience of not having the disk in the drive, you should buy the USB key.
falopz

Post by falopz »

so its annoying xplane feature.....i have no problem saving that disk1 in my system,,,,u loose the cd, youre done..wao