OSX Yosemite and Pilotedge

Juan Cardona

OSX Yosemite and Pilotedge

Post by Juan Cardona »

Hello,

Yesterday I got my pilotedge subscription and tried flying on the network but X-plane crashed several times. I tried changing airports, changing airplanes, removing plugins. I also removed squawkbox from the folder because maybe it was causing interference but X-plane still crashed when I connected to Pilotedge. Even though X-plane worked perfectly without connecting I can't even log on without crashing.

I've read some forum posts and other users appear to have issues with pilotedge after installing OSX Yosemite. I don't know what else to do.

Thanks in advance,
Juan
Keith Smith

Re: OSX Yosemite and Pilotedge

Post by Keith Smith »

Juan, can you try using a short callsign (ie, N30H) and let me know the result?
Juan Cardona

Post by Juan Cardona »

I did some flight patterns using N27C and it went pretty well, I don't know how my callsign could possibly affect the performance but I think it helped.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Juan,

This was mentioned in the linux thread by another user and was verified as an issue. I then asked about it in one of the more recent Mac threads. Can you test it with a 6 character callsign, verify it crashes, then try a callsign with 5 characters or less just to make sure this is the actual cause?
Juan Cardona

Post by Juan Cardona »

I flew with a 6 character callsign and everything was good. Then logged on with my usual 7 character callsign and X-plane crashed, using the same aircraft with no changes in the configuration.