Fly-In Event Revenge of The Controllers

Heavyflyer767

Fly-In Event Revenge of The Controllers

Post by Heavyflyer767 »

This idea happened while on short final in KBFL. Nothing magical there. Anyway, Cyrus our point man on all the Fly with Me events must have itchy ears now. Usual format but with the twist of unexpected challenges from our sharp team of controllers. Holding, AKA "The Penalty Box" with EFC's . (non RW pilots might have to look that one up) closed airports or Rwys. making use of crosswind techniques. You know the curve balls that happen daily up there. +TS over dest. airport "say intentions". Might be daunting. Keith, you're a natural. The downside I imagine is that it could tax the system, but would polish a lot of rust off of all of us. Any feedback welcome. Cyrus R U listening?

Pat Snyder
Cyrus

Re: Fly-In Event Revenge of The Controllers

Post by Cyrus »

Hi Pat. Thanks for thinking of me! :)

Unfortunately, though, I'm stuck in the hangar right now and don't see a whole lot of flying in my short-term horizon.

It's a neat idea though (if not a little scary!). Hope it works out.
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.