merry merry!

Keith Smith

merry merry!

Post by Keith Smith »

We know you get blasted with the "happy holidays" message through every corporate mailing list you're on. We would be remiss, though, if we didn't say THANK YOU to all our subscribers and supporters, old and new.

We are not a large company. We are not a wealthy company with extensive venture capital backing. We are a small start up that exists because our subscribers keep coming back for more, month after month.

From all of us at PilotEdge, thank you for allowing us to continue to deliver, improve and expand our service. 2015 will be a very interesting year, I am absolutely sure of that. Many long term projects are coming to a head and some of our expansion plans are looking quite promising as well. Stay tuned, this is going to get interesting!

Lastly, thank you so much to the controllers and staff. They don't do it because the pay is great...they do it because they love working traffic. This isn't a game. This isn't just a hobby. They enjoy knowing that people are truly benefiting from the service they provide and that we are making a difference. We hoped this would be the case when the venture first started, but now we've heard from enough people over the years to know that it really is true.

As challenging as it has been to build the company without the resources you would normally need to get a service like this up and running, the potential for what we can deliver is what keeps us driving forward.

Back to the celebrations with my family... I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday season.
sronayne96

Re: merry merry!

Post by sronayne96 »

Same to you Keith. I'm greatly looking forward to what the new year has in store for this fantastic little company. Keep it up!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all at PE :D

Seán
Seán Ronayne
Twitter: @sronayne96
PPL student at Weston Airport, Ireland. (EIWT)
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Merry Christmas Keith and fam!
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
currentadventure

Post by currentadventure »

Merry Christmas to you Keith, your family, and all the staff and people behind the scenes at PE. I wish you all success, Peace, Love and a happy New Year. Here's hoping the kids start to sleep a little longer soon and I get to sneak back into the PE skies!!

God Bless!
Brent Stanley
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
Inshore Charter Guide
Private Pilot, ASEL
http://www.currentadventurecharters.com
My PE callsign-N134WD
Anthony Santanastaso

Post by Anthony Santanastaso »

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone! It is a sincere pleasure working here and I am very pleased to say that I have made many new friendships and associations. Thank you to our pilots and supporters for all that they contribute. I look forward to being even more present in the New Year!
Anthony Santanastaso
PilotEdge ATCS
Private Pilot ASEL
Twitch broadcasts: Archived | Live
Chompski

Post by Chompski »

Merry Christmas all!
Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.
See you in the skies (or atleast when I get the Christmas present working!)
Chompski
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

I said it in my own Happy Holidays thread, but it bears repeating.

Thanks to you, Keith, and all your staff for a fabulous service. I really enjoy flying on PE, and there is no doubt that it ups my game in a RW plane.

I hope you and your family have a great Christmas, and that we all have a happy and healthy 2015. Thanks to the controllers who worked today. It was appreciated, as by doing a bit of "flying" on PE, I was able to stop eating for a while :D

John
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Thanks for the 'thanks'...I enjoy spending my money with small companies with a passion.

Regarding 2015 plans:

I saw on the archives for a day (recently 12-20, 12-23, 12-27) that Memphis Center was archived with audio. Bug or a portent of things to come?
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

stevekirks wrote:I saw on the archives for a day (recently 12-20, 12-23, 12-27) that Memphis Center was archived with audio. Bug or a portent of things to come?
Looking through the archives, found audio with a Cirrus looking for a radio check, calling "Morristown Ground" from the "West Tie Downs". Sleuthing shows that to be Morristown, NJ (KMMU) and the west tie down is near the departure end of rwy 13.

Drooling over ZNY in the PE future...

Wondering out loud: if PE had another ARTCC, would you have to declare it and only fly in that area with your subscription?

Example:

I sign up for a monthly at $20 for one ARTCC, would I pay an additional fee for a second ARTCC? That might help defray costs of staffing two ARTCCs.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The Memphis recordings are for private operations with a commercial operator. They are not a harbinger, sorry :)

The Cirrus calling from the west tiedown at MMU simply wasn't aware of the coverage area. He wouldn't have been heard by ATC, hence, there probably wasn't any response from ATC to his radio checks. As for why that showed up in the Memphis ARTCC recording, the explanation for that one is so long and boring, it would even put me to sleep!

It's too early to provide details on the expansion plans and any potential changes in pricing as those plans are not yet firm. Trust me, I'm as excited about the possibilities as you are.