X-plane Scenery in PE coverage area

ianbennett

X-plane Scenery in PE coverage area

Post by ianbennett »

Hi,

I have found almost all airsport sceneries in the PE coverage area, but cannont find many photorealistic sceneries.

Anybody can point me to the place I can find photorealistic scenaries for the areas.

Thanks
Jeff N

Re: X-plane Scenery in PE coverage area

Post by Jeff N »

http://www.simheaven.com has photoscenery for most of SoCal, from around KCRQ Palomar up north to around Edwards AFB, as well as the Las Vegas area. Just search for "Los Angeles" and "Las Vegas" in the photoscenery section of the site.

EDIT: it appears the search page for photoscenery is down. Check back later, I think they're just doing some updates.
ianbennett

Post by ianbennett »

Thanks I will try later

Cheers
BK1984

Post by BK1984 »

Actually it appears that most of the SimHeaven photoscenery is gone for good, or at least the time being. The dev took them down citing the cost and effort of maintaining the servers for such a massive amount of data was very high and he couldn't afford it purely on donations. Apparently he was also tired of nasty emails from people who demand perfection from freeware. :roll:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=82538

Dev's explanation (in German):
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/to ... ntry645788
nigelmcelwee

Post by nigelmcelwee »

that stinks, I was looking for some good scenery since I only fly in this area now due to PE. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the LA photoscenery? The stock scenery is "alright" but I would like that silly empty military base on approach to KSNA go away!! Or at least have it populated. Does anyone know if there is any scenery available for that base?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That would be El Toro MCAS. The facility is there in real life, but it has been closed down.
nigelmcelwee

Post by nigelmcelwee »

Ahh yes, from the Independence Day movie!! MCAS El Toro :) I noticed on the new google earth that it looks to be filled in now. Does anyone know a way to exclude this airport? Maybe I can get into WED and delete the runways etc and save the file in my custom scenery with no pavement.

Does anyone know the lat long dsf. for that area? I think its 30-130 but im not quite sure.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Just remove it from the apt.dat file. There are a bunch of drones operating out of there, though, just so you know.
nigelmcelwee

Post by nigelmcelwee »

ahhhh I didnt realize there were drones operating out of that area. I saw xplane gateway has some 2D scenery for it so I will just look at an old Airport Diagram and put some generic buildings there.