Ending Rental assignments - brake not working

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
BluesmanEP

Re: Ending Rental assignments - brake not working

Post by BluesmanEP »

Does that towel wash the egg off my face, or just water :lol:

Just did a quick test in the C337 and I needed to shutdown both engines to log the flight. Sorry for the bad information!
BE58 - N4854B
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

I'm use X-Plane V10 under Windows flying the Carenado BE58. I'm recently returned to FSE after more than a year's absence. So far, I have made two FSE flights. In each case had "issues" with ending the flight. Multiple times I tried shutting down the engines and setting the parking brake with no effect. I tried moving the aircraft to a different area on the field without success. I tried turning on/off the ignition switch, battery switch, toe brakes, mixture control with no real luck.

Finally I tried setting the parking brake using the 3D dash (previous attempts used the "B" key) and the flight ended. I tried so many things that I'm not positive that was the key. Is there any reason why the "B" key would have a different effect than setting the parking brake using the 3D panel?

Does it matter HOW the engines are shut off? IE, if the mixtures are set to "cut off" and the motors stop should that be good enough?

I'm used to how it worked under FSX. All one had to do was to exit the runway and set the parking break. I was most surprise that pulling the mixtures to cut off and pressing the "B" key didn't appear to do the trick.

Does anybody have any insight? Any suggestions on what to try next? Thanks.
BK1984

Post by BK1984 »

You have to toggle the parking break at maximum effort. This can be achieved through your Joystick/Keyboard settings. I think it's the "V" key by default. Can't remember for sure.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Yep, I use 'v'. You can kill the engines any way you like....trust me on that one :)
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

I have major issues on logging flights at times depending on the aircraft I am flying.

As an example, I cannot get flights to end on X-Plane using the Mitsubishi MU2. Its stuck in need of repair at an airport (19CL) without repair facilities and three end of flights have failed to my home airport 33CA, just 48 Nm away (very discouraging) :evil: .

I find the JRollon Bombardier CRJ2 to be inconsistent too.

Below are things I regularly check when this happens.
1. Verify that the FSEconomy page is online. It seems to go down a lot, hence not registering your flight. I am not complaining as this is not a site that we pay for, so I have no right to whine.
2. Verify the brakes as mentioned before.
3. Do a traffic pattern at the airport you landed at and try again after you have landed.
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Lee, I have done quite a few MU-2 flights on FSE in the past. Engage brake with the 'V' key, shutdown both engines...have never once seen it not work properly. The parking brake that's modeled in the cockpit is independent of the X-plane parking brake, near as I can tell, I would ignore it.
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Keith Smith wrote:Lee, I have done quite a few MU-2 flights on FSE in the past. Engage brake with the 'V' key, shutdown both engines...have never once seen it not work properly. The parking brake that's modeled in the cockpit is independent of the X-plane parking brake, near as I can tell, I would ignore it.
I'll give it a try.......anyone wanna buy a cheap MU2B?........j/k
Lee Williams
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

lwilliams wrote:
Keith Smith wrote:Lee, I have done quite a few MU-2 flights on FSE in the past. Engage brake with the 'V' key, shutdown both engines...have never once seen it not work properly. The parking brake that's modeled in the cockpit is independent of the X-plane parking brake, near as I can tell, I would ignore it.
I'll give it a try.......anyone wanna buy a cheap MU2B?........j/k

4TH TIME FAIL.......
Lee Williams