Ending Rental assignments - brake not working

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Keith Smith

Re: Ending Rental assignments - brake not working

Post by Keith Smith »

Do you have the toe brakes on while you hit the v key? If so, that is the problem. Feet off the pedals, tap the v key. Plane will stop. Kill engines, fse will log flight.
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Keith Smith wrote:Do you have the toe brakes on while you hit the v key? If so, that is the problem. Feet off the pedals, tap the v key. Plane will stop. Kill engines, fse will log flight.
Thanks, but I am going to give up trying for a while. I think last time, I used a freeware version of an MU2B, I may do this again.

If anyone will move this to my home airport 33CA, let me know and I will transfer $5000.00 to your FSE account. I can't set up a mission because the aircraft needs repair and there is minimal fuel.

Help needed please.
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Understood, Lee. The thing to keep in mind is that the E-brake on the MU-2 is custom, separate to the real X-Plane parking brake. Secondly, in x-plane, if you apply the parking brake while your toe brakes are down, then as you release the toe brakes, it's also going to release the parking brake (at least in my experience). This is likely to be the reason for your trouble with the MU-2. I have had 100% success with stopping using toe brakes, then releasing toe brakes, then pressing the V key before it starts rolling again (although if it was rolling, it would still work), then shutting down engines.
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Thanks Keith, but I have joystick mapped to my parking brake, and have gotten into the habit of locking this when almost to a complete stop.

No worries, my time is important to me and am not going to waste any further on a problem like this.

Some person (you may know him, his name is Keith) has gotten me addicted to helicopters (he may be reading this). I going going to have fun learning this instead.
Lee Williams
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Never heard of him, but I can just tell he's disarmingly handsome and a HUGE hit with the ladies.
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Keith Smith wrote:Never heard of him, but I can just tell he's disarmingly handsome and a HUGE hit with the ladies.
Its hard you for to hide the big hands and big feet.

Seriously though, thanks for your input on the MU2B........new priority order
1. helicopter training,
2. alphabet tour, then
3. world domination.
Lee Williams
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

lwilliams wrote:
Keith Smith wrote:Never heard of him, but I can just tell he's disarmingly handsome and a HUGE hit with the ladies.
Its hard you for to hide the big hands and big feet.

Seriously though, thanks for your input on the MU2B........new priority order
1. helicopter training,
2. alphabet tour, then
3. world domination.
You forgot "Ice cold beer" somewhere in there.

I too am with you on the helicopter thing. I bought a B206 (N1404W) on FSEconomy and have been giving it a workout. I feel that I'm actually becoming more comfortable every flight. Nothing like the moves Helipilot makes in the shared cockpit 407 video. That crap's amazing.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Keith Smith wrote:Yep, I use 'v'. You can kill the engines any way you like....trust me on that one :)
I'm happy to report for the 1st time having a drama free ending to my X-Plane FSE flight using the "V" key and shutdown the engines.

I hadn't noticed that the parking brake on the Baron BE58 does have two position on the 3D cockpit. The handle does come out further when the "V" is used compared to the "B" key. Learned something.

Thanks everyone for the help.