Task-Saturated Penguin FBO network, changed hub to 46CA

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
kullery

Re: Task-Saturated Penguin FBO network, changed hub to 46CA

Post by kullery »

Scenery for Emory Ranch in Ocatillo, CA (0CA6) is now available. I have new respect for the people that are GOOD at doing this.

In addition to the sheep ranch, a soccer field (also know as a "football pitch" to some of you) with chain link fence at midfield is included. This is for the helicopter pilots (like me) whose skills are just not up to "Helicopter Tennis". "Helicopter soccer" is a bit more forgiving.

Runway size and location relative to the wind turbines is accurate. Some liberties taken with everything else.

http://www.myflightroute.com/scenery/0C ... yRanch.zip
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Helicopter soccer...OMG...

Any chance there's a big round soccer ball object for use in X-Plane scenery?
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That would be awesome until I chop it to bits with the chinook blades. I recently learned they are solid!
David Gilbert

Post by David Gilbert »

Your fuel at 46CA is very expensive, even more expensive than a lot of the local market rates at bigger airfields.
Normal call sign: N8295L or TPX
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It was a bulk delivery and was very expensive to bring in. I think I'm making around $0.50/gallon. Once I get through it, the next delivery will be done by hand from a place that sells it at low cost, then I'll drop the price. This was posted in my recent 'FSE learnings' thread. I shopped bulk delivery compared to doing my own bulk delivery, but the place I got the quote from was just as expensive. At that point, I figured I might just as well use Bulk Delivery. It turns out the place I was using for the quote was just unusually expensive. When I looked around again, I found places had the fuel for much, much less.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Scratch that, I misread the units of measure on bulk pricing of fuel. The best price in the area is around $1.45 per KG, that's $4.35/gallon...and I still need to transport it from that airport to 46CA.

So, having bulk fuel delivered by the system seems to be the way to go, it's a bit cheaper. So, I take back my original statement...I don't plan on dropping the prices by very much :)

Bear in mind, whenever a system-owned airplane buys fuel from your FBO, it does it at the "system price", which is $4.09/gallon for jet fuel.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

A new FBO to add to the Hub network, 0CA8 (Ward Ranch) has 4 gates pointing at 46CA.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks Marcus, finding it is going to be fun when I'm /A since it's not on the sectional! :)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

6CA5, 7CA1 and CA89 have been added to the network, they're all 2-lot FBO's and they point exclusively to 46CA. It's going to take a few days for them to build up the jobs, but they should be coming. This is part of the effort to make 46CA more friendly to turboprop PE operations with 10-15 seats being filled on a trip.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

Keith Smith wrote:6CA5, 7CA1 and CA89 have been added to the network, they're all 2-lot FBO's and they point exclusively to 46CA. It's going to take a few days for them to build up the jobs, but they should be coming. This is part of the effort to make 46CA more friendly to turboprop PE operations with 10-15 seats being filled on a trip.
I smell "Penguin Airlines" coming soon...
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge