request resupply assistance for Task-Saturated Penguin

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Keith Smith

request resupply assistance for Task-Saturated Penguin

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm a task-saturated penguin myself right now. Some of the FBO's were opened with minimal supplies. I've bought some supplies at KSEE and have created jobs to get the FBO's restocked.

If anyone's able to handle the jobs, go for it! They're 200KG each and pay between $300 and $400 each.

Otherwise, I'll get to it this w/end some time, but two of the FBO's are down to the last day of supplies today, so I'd rather avoid that!
Pieces

Re: request resupply assistance for Task-Saturated Penguin

Post by Pieces »

I can get them over tonight. I have a flight into MYF already, so I'll just hop over to KSEE after that.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
David Gilbert

Post by David Gilbert »

I would fly them right now in a Bell in a 407 for you but Sky Vector doesn't even know where 95L is. On Sky Vector Pauma Valley Air Park it is listed as CL33, is it the same place?
Normal call sign: N8295L or TPX
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

David, you can assume there aren't two fields called Pauma Valley in the same area. :) It's common for FSE to be out of date with the airport identifiers, be prepared for it to happen at quite a few airports within socal. Go with the airport name and distance/bearing from a known spot to verify and you should be golden. Thanks for the offer for help. It'll be interesting to see if you get to it before Reece :)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

David, it looks like the only remaining job is to Pauma Valley (CL33 skyvector, 95L on FSE), Reece has snagged the rest.
kullery

Post by kullery »

Keith Smith wrote:It's common for FSE to be out of date with the airport identifiers, be prepared for it to happen at quite a few airports within socal. Go with the airport name and distance/bearing from a known spot to verify and you should be golden
I threw this page (http://www.myflightroute.com/fseairports.php) together last week if you need a cross reference from FSE airport identifiers to current. Skyvector links are also included (if the airport no longer exists the link is based on lat/long only).
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
BluesmanEP

Post by BluesmanEP »

Not sure if you guys know about this, but Teddii has made a dataset that includes all FSE airports for X-plane. No more finding the Lat/Long of the airport!

If you install the default GPS/FMS set it will include all FSE airports in the sim world. There's another set in addition, that will make the FSE airports show up in the GNS430/530.

I haven't tried these in the version 10.32, since they have changed how the airport data is handled.

Here's the link:
http://www.fseconomy.net/forum/xplane-1 ... ane-beta-4
BE58 - N4854B
Pieces

Post by Pieces »

Complete. For the record, landing at Hoffman in a King Air is doable. Taking off again is... a bit sketchy.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thank you Reece and Ben for the restocking! The fish were fresh and the penguins were very happy (near as we could tell, they don't say much!)