Cannot See Any Traffic With Lights On... Please Help

Calvin Waterbury

Cannot See Any Traffic With Lights On... Please Help

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

It has been a long time and quite a battle I am back to give it the old college try! Oddly, the only way I can get FS9 to work with the PE client in Win 8.1 is to set the "fs9.exe and "pilotedge_fs.exe" (which still shows up as "Flight Simulator X") to work is to set compatibilities to XP and Win 8, respectively as well as "Run as Administrator. I have been able to do a flight complete with radio interactions. See the previous thread here if you like.

But, my problem is I cannot see any other aircraft(s). I have been trying to ferret out the solution, but no joy.

[EDIT - It turns out the other aircraft are there, but don't have their lights on. Couldn't see them in the dark.]

Thanks for any help.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
par2005

Re: Cannot See Any Traffic With Lights On... Please Help

Post by par2005 »

Another reason you might not see them is due to elevation differences between different sims they might be driving around under ground :)

I often observe AI traffic - just a wing above the surface swimming like a shark. :)
Calvin Waterbury

Re: Cannot See Any Traffic With Lights On... Please Help

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Hi Par,

Yes, I have seen the shark fins many times, but this was at 5500-7500 feet at night. I went to Avalon Catalina in the daytime and found some helos then switched to night. I could see their outlines in my landing lights, but no white, green or red lights displayed. There were no beacon lights either. Further, I could see the FS9 red tags for all aircraft around the island, just no lights of any kind on the A.I. aircraft.

Thanks for the reply.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD