HD CSLs now available

Keith Smith

HD CSLs now available

Post by Keith Smith »

At long last, the HD visual models are here for X-Plane http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/download-hd-csl (PE login required).

This includes the Bell 407, Bell 206, Robinson R22, CRJ-200, 737-200, Mitsubishi MU-2, Grumman Tiger, F-4 Phantom and BE-58 Baron. More are on the way!

These include lights, shadows, animated controls, retractable gear and a whole host of other goodies.
Nelson L.

Re: HD CSLs now available

Post by Nelson L. »

At long last the 407 CSL. Correct me if I'm wrong (which I almost certainly am), but wasn't the 732 CSL already available? What changes were made?
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

More liveries for the 737 CSL and it's now all available from a central, public location. There wasn't a web page prior to this. The page includes several aircraft that weren't available before as well as the livery/airline codes.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Thank you!
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

Thank you indeed :)
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
chevyrules

Post by chevyrules »

Awesome. :D Thanks Keith and everyone that was involved in developing these HD CSL's.
asad112

Post by asad112 »

This might sound like a dumb question, but I assume you must have the payware aircraft to use the payware CSL, right? Also, are there any HD CSLs already included within the PE plugin?

Anyways, great work Keith. New to using X-Plane here, and looking forward to trying them out!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

No, you don't need the payware aircraft installed, this is completely independent. The CSLs are standalone, they don't depend on the planes that are installed.

The ASK-21 glider CSL already ships with the latest version of the plugin (it's so small, it wasn't making it a separate download).

Just download the zips, following instructions to install and enjoy...don't worry about what actual X-Plane aircraft you have installed in your system. Flyable xplane aircraft and visual models for PE are completely different things.

I've updated the Installation Instructions with a note to explain this in more detail in case anyone else had this same question.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

I could sit for an hour and watch all the choppers at KAVX. Great work, Keith!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks Marcus, I won't lie, it was a significant project to get it all working, but the result does make it all worthwhile. It's only going to get better as we add more and more models. My goal is to completely replace the old CSLs. The different in appearance between the old and the new is pretty startling.