HD CSLs now available

Keith Smith

Re: HD CSLs now available

Post by Keith Smith »

Boeing 737-800 HD CSL now available with 25 high quality liveries! This one is absolutely worth installing.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Keith Smith wrote:Boeing 737-800 HD CSL now available with 25 high quality liveries! This one is absolutely worth installing.
737-800 updated with UAL and AMX liveries as well as gear offsets that are required for upcoming plugin release.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

See the plugin v1.3.1 release notes. ALL CSLs need to be downloaded again. We strongly recommend deleting your PilotEdge installation, installing v1.3.1, then installing the additional HD CSLs.
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Just downloaded the new plugin. The latest posted release notes are v1.2.2 from September though.

Am I correct in assuming that I should delete the "lite" bluebell folders to install the other "full" versions?
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

HA! and as soon as I type that, you update it ;)
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Just posted the 1.3.1 release notes, they took longer to type than expected.

If you do elect to install the Bluebell AIrbus and Boeing "full" packages, you MAY delete the AIrbus_lite and Boeing_lite packages but you don't have to. I'll add a note to the download page about this. There are a lot of moving parts, as you can see.

If anyone's curious, the difference between the "full" and "lite" versions is the number of liveries/airlines available per aircraft (too many to name).

EDIT: If you do install the full Airbus and Boeing packages, ensure they are downloaded from our site as our version is customized with the gear offsets required for clamping to work correctly
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

For additional visual goodness, consider turning on 'scenery shadows' in the general settings of XP11. That will allow the other aircraft to throw shadows which is the last piece of the puzzle for visual immersion now that the ENTIRE CSL library is OBJv8 based, allowing all the parts of the aircraft to be lit correctly and throw shadows.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Keith Smith wrote:Just posted the 1.3.1 release notes, they took longer to type than expected.

If you do elect to install the Bluebell AIrbus and Boeing "full" packages, you MAY delete the AIrbus_lite and Boeing_lite packages but you don't have to. I'll add a note to the download page about this. There are a lot of moving parts, as you can see.

If anyone's curious, the difference between the "full" and "lite" versions is the number of liveries/airlines available per aircraft (too many to name).
I had honestly never heard of Bluebell before this morning. Looking in your "Lite" package, I'm seeing OFFSET that is not listed in the "Full" package. If we remove the Lite and install Full, is there something missing due to the OFFSET?
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Sorry, it is within the xsb_aircraft file for each package. Your "Lite" has an offset with each model. The full Bluebell package does not show any offset.

Lite:
OBJ8_AIRCRAFT B717_DAL
OBJ8 SOLID YES __Bluebell_Boeing_Lite/B717/B717_DAL.obj
AIRLINE B712 DAL
OFFSET 0 0 2.3
ICAO B717

Full:
OBJ8_AIRCRAFT B717_DAL
OBJ8 SOLID YES __Bluebell_Boeing/B717/B717_DAL.obj
AIRLINE B717 DAL
ICAO B717