Re: Prepar3D v3 Being Released

Post by twharrell »

Happy Monday.
Regards,

Todd
JonFly

Post by JonFly »

Now that A2A has announced v3 installers for the 172, I am really looking forward to a PE client for v3. Thanks for working on this Keith. #onestepclosertov3
Jon aka "JonFly"
See my livestreams www.twitch.tv/jonfly
Join the new X-Plane Users Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/xplaneusers/
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Got the new power supply (and new UPS servers for the office), installing tomorrow.
MervA

Post by MervA »

As a side note, I am reading that AI lights are much more visible with v3.
Yeah Todd, just love that part, I was hoping they would fix that issue in v3, lets hope it stays there.

Downloaded P3D v3 about a week ago, have not had time to install much as yet, apart from the Realair Legacy to see if the panel sounds would work, they do.

I`ve installed mine concurrently with v2.4 and without reinstalling the PE client, as of now the client works fine, except one thing, every time I disconnect the client from the network
after about 10 sec's it crashes the simulator, traced it to the " peaicontrol10.dll " file that's loading from the " ddl.xml " file.

What does it do, and do I need it ?

I'm getting the " ContentError.log " popping up after shutting down the sim quite often, showing problems with scenery and aircraft just installed.

Cya !!

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

power supply installed, machine still not powering up. Sorry, but this is going to take a bit more time.

Merv, you can remove the reference to the peaicontrol dll from your dll.xml.
snglecoil

Post by snglecoil »

I used V3 for the birthday bash Friday night. Performed beautifully. Unfortunately some of my add-ons did not appreciate side by side installs of V2.x and V3 so I wiped both over the weekend and clean installed V3 only. Fortunately the PE DTs haven't started yet :mrgreen:
Chris
PE Call signs: N714VA or N619CT
JonFly

Post by JonFly »

Chris, what were the steps you took to install? Did you have the "unable to load aircraft database error" ? Or the 'petrans10.dll' error?
I should wait for a proper installer but maybe a work around will suffice for the time being.

I assume removing the petrans10.dll from the dll.xml will not affect any operation in 2.4 or v3
Jon aka "JonFly"
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Jon,

If you'd like to trick the current installer (which supports P3D v2) into thinking that P3D v3 is actually V2, try this:
- Rename the registry key for P3D (Software\Lockheed Martin\...) from having 'v3' in the name to 'v2'.
- Rename P3D folder in the %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin folder to have 'v2' in the filename instead of 'v3'.

Run the PE installer and my guess is that it'll find the registry entry as well as the DLL.XML file. When you're done, change the registry entry and the folder structure back to what they were (so P3D finds them again).
JonFly

Post by JonFly »

I will give that a go Keith, thanks!
Jon aka "JonFly"
snglecoil

Post by snglecoil »

Jon, yeah I already had it installed for V2.5. I just copied over the squawkbox and vip model set folders from the v2.5 simobjects folder to v3. It all just worked.
Chris
PE Call signs: N714VA or N619CT