Xplane Qs

NyyDave

Xplane Qs

Post by NyyDave »

Hello all,

*Early edit: For clarity this isn't with the default xplane planes

After P3D V3 became a nightmare and ended in a full restore of my computer I've seen the light and I'm using Xplane. I've had a blast getting the PE headquarters scenery set up at Rancho and learning how to use the mouse side clicky system thing, but I've got one outstanding issue...

I can't see airspace on the GPS. I've heard there is no airspace natively built into XPlane (When I failed to use Plan-G) and my add-on with the G1000 doesn't show anything either. I want to come back to PE but I'm about terrified of the airspace busts. I'm currently using SkyCharts Pro on an iPhone 5 but I really would prefer a moving map desktop situation (Second monitor) or anything else you guys can advise.

Thanks,
Dave H
Last edited by NyyDave on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave H
DA40 N1708B & BRAV N29EB
Steven Winslow

Re: Xplane Qs

Post by Steven Winslow »

Try iEFB from FSWidgets on an iPad or iPhone. Works for me! They've got apps for Mac, Windows and Android, too.

http://fswidgets.com/shop/index.php
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Kerbo

Post by Kerbo »

What do you mean by can't see airspace? I see airspace and other areas marked on my X-Plane GPS, like what is shown in the picture below from this blog post. Are we talking about different things?

Kerbo on YouTube or Twitch
armchair sim pilot
usual call sign: N1676L
NyyDave

Post by NyyDave »

Sorry Kerbo I meant that it was happening with add on aircraft that have their own GPS. Is it possible to pop up the default GPS on any aircraft? And thanks Steven that's along the lines of what I'm looking for!
Dave H
DA40 N1708B & BRAV N29EB
Kerbo

Post by Kerbo »

Oh, OK, that makes sense then. It's possible to use the default GPS but it involves editing the aircraft and assigning a key command. If you're comfortable doing that then there are guides out there. Here is an example, similar to what I've done in the past with my Carenado 185 (that has no GPS by default).
Kerbo on YouTube or Twitch
armchair sim pilot
usual call sign: N1676L
NyyDave

Post by NyyDave »

Ah yea I can get with some edits for $0 after failing with P3D v 3 and getting xplane with an addon left the wallet hurting lol
Thanks!
Dave H
DA40 N1708B & BRAV N29EB
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

I'm kind of curious as to what failed so miserably in Prepar3D v3. I have both X-Plane v10.41 and P3D v3 and use both of them for different things.

Plus I'm still waiting for the new P3D v3 release of the PE client.
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
NyyDave

Post by NyyDave »

Hey Bonanza,

P3D V3 has an issue where is just disappears from the desktop and based on the support forum I'm in a lucky group of AMD owners where there is really no driver version that will work. It's in the realm of soon to be solved I guess but in my earlier efforts to get it working I did two full restores of Windows and worked on it for countless hours just for it it pop closed right as my flight loaded. So since I'd have to redownload everything anyway plus wiggle around making 2.4 stuff work on 3 I said forget it for a few months and finally try xplane!
Dave H
DA40 N1708B & BRAV N29EB