Scenery for PE

Nelson L.

Re: Free Scenery for PilotEdge users

Post by Nelson L. »

Agree with Pieces - 7Zip is a must have. Now - for the meat of this post:

Decided to finish out my PE airports with some of these scenery packs (actually, more like all of them :D) - already had the latest version of OpenSceneryX installed (just checked today to be sure). Unfortunately, every time XP tries to load up one of the Adam's airports (from the link on post #1), I get error messages saying something is missing. Hmmm... really? Has OpenSceneryX deleted certain objects since the creation of those airports, or am I missing some other scenery pack? Looked through the log, but I can't figure out why its only specific things (ie the lamp object - what makes it special?) that are missing. Thanks for any help!

XP V1.35

Log.txt attached below (please ignore the numerous other errors - I need to clean up my XP install once I get over my laziness...)

PS - Everyone who's contributed scenery: Looks fantastic - thanks for all the hard work!
Attachments
XP Log.docx
(24.97 KiB) Downloaded 583 times
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

First, next time you attach your log.txt, just attach the actual log.txt right out of your X-Plane folder. You don't need to save it as a Word document. It's actually a little harder to read as a Word document. At least for me.

How long ago did you download OpenSceneryX? You may need to download the latest version because you are missing objects. I'm not sure how long ago it was updated, but you should check to make sure you have the most current version.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

Yep, current version - just checked again. And I initially tried to attach as a log.txt, but the forum showed the message "the format .txt is not allowed" or something along those lines. Hopefully Adam or someone will pop in and spot the problem in the log, but I'm pretty sure its not on my end.
X-Plane 10.45
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Nelson L. wrote: ...but I'm pretty sure its not on my end.
If you're referring to not being able to post a log.txt, you're right. I thought I had seen other log.txt files uploaded, but I'm getting the same error message you did. Hmmm…. sup with that, Keith?

If you're referring to your scenery errors, the problem IS on your end. You have scenery files that are missing objects for some reason or another. Contact the authors, if you know who they are, and let them know you've got errors in their scenery packages. Send them a copy of your log.txt so they can see what the errors are. Or you can go into OpenSceneryX and find those objects and copy and place them in the appropriate folders. I've fixed a few scenery files this way, but I generally opt for contacting the author and letting them know there are issues with their stuff.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

Steven Winslow wrote:If you're referring to your scenery errors, the problem IS on your end
This is the point where I go, "yea, I was talking about the log.txt - I'm always right"...... Looking through the log, it appears that only certain objects are missing, and that those few objects alone are causing the errors. I know 100% my OpenSceneryX is up-to-date, but I'm just not sure why those specific objects are missing. I may try to contact the OpenSceneryX developer, but I get the feeling that I would just be a needle in a haystack to them. And, unfortunately, no - I'm not comfortable enough with individually placing the files, mainly because I don't have a backup available and I'm too lazy to make on (+ my external HDD is full..... always an excuse). If Adam happens to see this post, hopefully he can chime in, but for now, I'm stuck pressing the "ok" button every time XP tries to load up a new scenery tile.
X-Plane 10.45
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

XP Forum Post about this:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?sho ... ntry908499

Interesting, but looking at the fix, it still doesn't work for me. *Sigh* I'll mess around some more tonight I guess.

Edit - Messed around some more, fixed! Thanks for the help Steven.
X-Plane 10.45
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

For what its worth, it appears I was right :D From the OpenSceneryX v2.1 release notes:
•Other changes: ◦The developer pack now contains brief instructions on how to use OpenSceneryX with World Editor (WED).
◦Increased X-Plane required version from 8.5 to 8.6 and removed mention of X-Plane 8.6 support being required for the placeholder library, as we're on X-Plane 10 now.
Previous versions published a floodlight at objects/furniture/lights/flood, but this was inadvertantly removed in 2.0.0. This has been fixed.
◦More information is provided about each polygon in the docs: The horizontal and vertical texture scale, the layer group name, the layer offset and the surface type.
◦Moved the lines in lines/airport/zone_boundaries to a more general lines/solid_lines folder. They are still published to the old path too, for backward compatibility
X-Plane 10.45
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

Nelson L. wrote:For what its worth, it appears I was right :D From the OpenSceneryX v2.1 release notes:
Thanks for the heads up. I was getting errors on Chino (KCNO) and didn't want to bother hacking into things, so I removed it. I just put it back after updating OpenSceneryX and all is well!
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
DanHenderson

Post by DanHenderson »

Here is some scenery for some untowered airports in PE area that I've made for my FSEconomy adventures. I started with P20 which is updated here, and the full list is below. Default runway locations have changed in every case to match orthophoto guide, so keep that in mind if you see a drone on a different trajectory. If you prefer the default runway data for whatever reason be warned this will change it.

P20 Avi Suquilla: fixed approach light, previously added the updated runway location as the old one is now a taxiway
2CN4 Paramount (7CA0): new apt.dat as X-Plane's default database doesn't contain it, despite it having a weather station on skyvector
L72 Trona: fixed runway coordinates by several hundred feet
L62 Elk Hills-Buttonwillow
L84 Lost Hills-Kern Co
33CL Oak Country (48Q)
Q89 MacGillivray: X near 33CL skyvector but seems to be in use currently by new owners
02CL Conover: Added a couple more dirt strips of alternate headings nearby (seemingly called Staufer airfield but not charted)

[Updated] Dropbox links to zip files here.
Just P20
https://www.dropbox.com/l/pBGv3Qu1jH4O4Bz6e7cniq
Assorted sceneries
https://www.dropbox.com/l/p0hGFMqBCJdau7lAWWrehr

I am not a WED expert and have only been at it for a few months, so let me know if you see anything that can be improved. I will try to submit versions to the gateway but the submission process for new and updated data seems arduous.

Enjoy!
~Dan H
DanHenderson

Post by DanHenderson »

I accidentally included some objects not in default library or openscenery but this should now be corrected in the edited post above. Apologies if you downloaded it and it couldn't find objects. The "treelines and farms" objects were placed in the default library menu despite being add on objects, and my openscenery library was a bit off. Also P20 Avi Suquilla is separate if you just would like that by itself.

Sorry for the errors!
~Dan H