one of them days!

Acroshaw

one of them days!

Post by Acroshaw »

Just wanted to post a quick apology to the controller on at palm springs tonight for his endless patience! I've just started my IFR ratings and did the I2 tonight, then I figured I'd jump in the duke B60 turbo and fly a TEC route, I should have quit while I was ahead! Half way through the initial climb out on the cathedral 1 departure P3D had a rare spasm and died on me, so i re-filed my flight plan (didn't realise it was still valid! thanks to the controller for the heads up) and went again, this time all was well until about 30 minutes in when the controller kindly pointed out I'd flown part of the route incorrectly, I was flying the TEC route as published but he had cleared me direct to miss out a chunk of it and I totally missed it even though I had written it down grrr - this should probably be filed under the 'never again on pilot edge' section. I was cleared direct to the next fix, then my internet died. Sometimes you have to know when to quit, I'm off to the pub :) however I would like to add how much I am enjoying doing the IFR ratings, I've kinda held off attempting IFR for awhile and stayed in my nice VFR comfort zone but it is a lot of fun so I encourage anyone else who is worried about trying it to go for it! Tomorrow I will fly KPSP to KSNA again, and this time I hope to make it all the way!!!
flyingdrill

Re: one of them days!

Post by flyingdrill »

I know what you mean! Yesterday, I "flew" like a complete klutz, and should have stayed and watched TV with the wife! I'd had a really full day, and I even had X-Plane crash on me to make things worse - like you had with P3D. However, I reached my 10,000 minutes on PE, so I was happy with that achievement, even if the flying yesterday was cr-p! Sometimes, you have those days.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

I'm at 9,487 minutes on the network. Maybe time to work up some "stinkin' badges" for our sigs...
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Minutes don't mean much.... you could have 20k minutes of tube flying on autopilot. Meh
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Ryan B wrote:Minutes don't mean much.... you could have 20k minutes of tube flying on autopilot. Meh
Yeah, but 10kmin on PE is a bit different than just AP cruise on something like VATSIM.
Kyle Sanders
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

I'm pleased, because I only fly GA in PE (so far), and have loads of shortish flights (and a few longer ones). So, lots of work! :)
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Ryan B wrote:Minutes don't mean much.... you could have 20k minutes of tube flying on autopilot. Meh
I echo Kyle and Flyingdrill. Flying on VATSIM and flying on PE are two different animals. PE flying is all butt time in the seat with mostly hands-on flying. Sure, there's autopilot involved a lot of the time, but the butt stays firmly planted in the seat! I'm at 14,390 minutes. Hard to believe that's just over 244 hours. Over 11,000 of those minutes are GA.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

You're telling me everyone hand flies their tube liners on here?

Bah!
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
carguy4471

Post by carguy4471 »

<----- 255 minutes doing back to back ratings, I5 tonight if life doesn't get in the way. You guys have got some serious hours, nice job, autopilot or otherwise.
Heavyflyer767

Post by Heavyflyer767 »

Ryan B wrote:You're telling me everyone hand flies their tube liners on here?

Bah!
Not me Ryan. Being a crew of one, i need all the help I can get. 10% Hands on. But if everyone promises not to yell at me Ill try for 50%

"Ah Center...it appears that the problem is between the yoke and seat."
Pat Snyder