ATC Phraseology

Mark Hargrove

ATC Phraseology

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Two questions:

(1) What is the correct ATC phraseology to give a pilot flying a DP a "shortcut" but then continue flying the DP?

For example (and picking something totally random -- just the first DP I pulled up) -- say a pilot departs KLAS Rwy 7R on the BOACH6 DP. There's no traffic and ATC wants to give the pilot a shortcut of sorts as the flight leaves JESJI. Possible terrain issues aside for this particular DP, what is the phraseology that would be used? Something like:

"United 1234, proceed direct HITME then resume the departure"?

(2) Say a pilot has been given the instruction "proceed direct MICKEY" and is enroute. Is it acceptable phraseology to say "...after MICKEY, proceed direct MOUSE"?

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
NyyDave

Re: ATC Phraseology

Post by NyyDave »

Under "vectoring" in .65 it looks like it should be "Clear direct FIX, resume the DEPARTURE, (then if restrictions apply) comply with restrictions"

And I'm still searching for that second part I'm just on a mobile device it's slow ha.
Dave H
DA40 N1708B & BRAV N29EB
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It should contain the name of the procedure, not just the word 'departure'.

Regarding #2, while that seems like reasonable phraseology, on a practical basis, it's likely you'd just get the shortcut to MOUSE rather than having to make it to the first waypoint that you were sent to.
NyyDave

Post by NyyDave »

Yea sorry just to be clear the all caps portion meant like "fill in the fix and departure name here"
Dave H
DA40 N1708B & BRAV N29EB