B58 "Lo" Fuel Pump Missing // Saitek Panel Switch

Kyle.Sanders

B58 "Lo" Fuel Pump Missing // Saitek Panel Switch

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

I need help with the Carenado BE58 (baron). I cannot run XP10 so we are going to be talking about the XP9 aircraft. This should not make a difference because my issue with Saitek works with others in XP9.

Issue 1
Multiple times throughout the normal operations checklist, it refers to a Fuel Boost Pump setting of "Lo". I only see "Hi" or "off". There are times it calls for "Lo" but I'm not sure how to set it. I get that we can't get 100% simulation but if it is worthy of being placed on the Normal Operations checklist, I think it should be there.

Issue 2
I have a saitek panel and when I turn on the "panel" switch for any other aircraft, it turns on the panel lights, but not the BE58. I know there is a way to remap switches but I'm not exactly sure how to do that but issue is that I don't want to remap that switch completely because it still works for other aircraft. Is there a way to remap for JUST that plane? I am on a Mac and using the Saitek plugin for a UI, not the software that ships with it. http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... wfile=9116

I'm not above reading but I'm getting nowhere with google searches.
Kyle Sanders
wmburns

Re: B58 "Lo" Fuel Pump Missing // Saitek Panel Switch

Post by wmburns »

Take a stab at this. What if the baron's primary fuel pump is mechanical engine driven with an electric "booster" fuel pump? If so then maybe a better name for the switch would be "booster pump". IMO it makes more sense as the mechanical pump can't be turned off and the booster pump only has one speed.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

That would make sense but there are specific times it calls for "Hi" and "Lo" pump settings.
I attached some images.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (570.28 KiB) Viewed 14010 times
image.png
image.png (453.03 KiB) Viewed 14010 times
image.png
image.png (320.62 KiB) Viewed 14010 times
Kyle Sanders
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Regarding remapping your Saitek panels for various aircraft, you can create a specific .ini file for specific aircraft. Read the Xsaitekpanels manual and it will tell you how to do this. However, if you're like me, you're not a programmer and the manual is like reading Greek. I recommend contacting Bill, the author of the Xsaitekpanels plugin, and ask him if he would build an .ini file for you. He has made several .ini files for various payware and freeware aircraft.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Thanks! Will do!
Kyle Sanders
RyanK

Post by RyanK »

There's a plugin called "x-assign" which lets you create multiple profiles for buttons and axes. That might be what you're looking for.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Thanks! Will look into that as well!
Kyle Sanders
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

X-Plane's stock fuel system supports boost bumps being either ON or OFF, whereas some aircraft have three setting (off, low or high). Carenado could potentially change the UI to show 'off', 'low' and 'high' (with low and high equating to xplane's ON state), but it would be for appearance only.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Keith Smith wrote:X-Plane's stock fuel system supports boost bumps being either ON or OFF, whereas some aircraft have three setting (off, low or high). Carenado could potentially change the UI to show 'off', 'low' and 'high' (with low and high equating to xplane's ON state), but it would be for appearance only.

Ah. Thanks!
Kyle Sanders