OK To Disconnect Without Taxiing

Caesar

OK To Disconnect Without Taxiing

Post by Caesar »

The last couple of flights I've disconnected from PilotEdge after clearing the runway. Is this acceptable? Or is taxiing to parking after a flight considered mandatory on PilotEdge?
Kevin_atc

Re: OK To Disconnect Without Taxiing

Post by Kevin_atc »

You can disconnect whenever you would like.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
501Aviator

Post by 501Aviator »

Caesar wrote:The last couple of flights I've disconnected from PilotEdge after clearing the runway. Is this acceptable? Or is taxiing to parking after a flight considered mandatory on PilotEdge?
I think it should be mandatory to taxi to the ramp and then disconnect. Just because I fly my flight sim as I would in the real world. You don't just leave your airplane running on the taxi-way. But that's just IMO
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

501Aviator wrote:
Caesar wrote:The last couple of flights I've disconnected from PilotEdge after clearing the runway. Is this acceptable? Or is taxiing to parking after a flight considered mandatory on PilotEdge?
I think it should be mandatory to taxi to the ramp and then disconnect. Just because I fly my flight sim as I would in the real world. You don't just leave your airplane running on the taxi-way. But that's just IMO
I'm all for realism, but one factor with mandatory taxis being an issue is that some sims are very difficult to taxi with (especially some of the commercial level simulators). Plus, you guys are our customers and we want to cater to your needs and desires as much as possible. I completely understand if a RW Instrument student is trying to shoot some approaches for practice and would rather not spend the time taxiing back to the ramp after touchdown.

With that being said, taxiing to the ramp does enhance the realism for everyone on the network and pilots should remember that we, as the controllers, do not enforce accuracy as to where you park therefore you can typically just turn off the runway and request parking "straight ahead" and that will be sufficient.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

I was working your V-1 flight and requested readback of the taxi instructions after landing in order to ensure understanding of ATC instructions and proper readback for all segments of flight. But as Kevin stated, you can disconnect whenever you'd like.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

501Aviator wrote:I think it should be mandatory to taxi to the ramp and then disconnect. Just because I fly my flight sim as I would in the real world. You don't just leave your airplane running on the taxi-way. But that's just IMO
It's important to realize that not everyone is here to simulate every aspect of a r/w flight. For example, I don't do runups in my sim because they add zero training value for me at this point. I'm well aware that I need to do them in real life but I chose not to simulate them here. However, I always taxi because I feel there is training value there, each and every time, but it's a highly subjective area.
BonanzaDude

Post by BonanzaDude »

I typically taxi to the gate or parking when I fly on PE. The only time that I don't is if the flight took longer than expected and I have to leave for something. As Keith stated, runups aren't done on PE either.

John

P.S. I do need to check my vacuum pump and mechanical fuel pump though. Right Keith :o :o :o
John P. Navara
zLAARTCC & PE I-11
PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H
Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements
My YouTube Videos
http://www.twitch.tv/Sim_Dude
chevyrules

Post by chevyrules »

I will do a run up in the A2A stuff though. If you mess something up(don't lean the mixture), it can have consequences. So I do make sure the Comanche and Skylane are in good shape. :)