Arriving On PE..Question

signmanbob

Arriving On PE..Question

Post by signmanbob »

I was wondering,is it possible to start a flight, say, from the east coast, like KJFK, maybe on Vatsim, and arrive into the PE environment, landing at KLAX?
Of course, this is going on the theory that the "Only dumb question, is the one that was never asked". :)

Thank you,
Bob
V-3 * CAT-11 * i-11 Ratings 8-)....Yeah!!
Steven Winslow

Re: Arriving On PE..Question

Post by Steven Winslow »

Short answer, yes. More information here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=608
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Yes. I've seen people do it. Just drop vatsim prior to entering ZLA airspace and log on to PE with your filed flight plan / cruise alt etc.

You can find airborne freqs on the hi or low alt enroute charts (like skyvector)
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Our hope is that once the Western US expansion is launched, this need to do this will diminish since there will be such a long list of city pairs to explore with a jet, not because arriving from the outside is frowned upon, but more because we believe there is value in having end to end ATC on a predictable, reliable basis (that's why PE was launched). Having to run your flight with a hybrid solution dilutes the end to end experience.
signmanbob

Post by signmanbob »

Keith Smith wrote:Our hope is that once the Western US expansion is launched, this need to do this will diminish since there will be such a long list of city pairs to explore with a jet, not because arriving from the outside is frowned upon, but more because we believe there is value in having end to end ATC on a predictable, reliable basis (that's why PE was launched). Having to run your flight with a hybrid solution dilutes the end to end experience.
I understand perfectly. I had no intention of doing this anytime soon because, for me, it would be too complicated. I need to keep things simple or I'll get unnerved.
I was just curious if it is something that could be done. Someone, then, could actually do an airliner flight from Tokyo or London to KLAX, entering their approach phase with full realistic ATC coverage.
I definitely see the good sense in having full city pair ATC coverage though. I'm looking forward to seeing the extension in operation though. I see that you have an event coming up.
Thank you to everyone for offering the information. I appreciate it.

Thank you,
Bob
V-3 * CAT-11 * i-11 Ratings 8-)....Yeah!!