Flying from West Coast to East Coast - PilotEdge -> VATSIM

speedbird1229

Flying from West Coast to East Coast - PilotEdge -> VATSIM

Post by speedbird1229 »

Hi,

I thought I'd give it a go and fly from KLAX or KSFO to KJFK with the new and wonderful PMDG 747 in Prepar3D. I thought it would be awesome to integrate both PilotEdge and VATSIM to my flight to get the best of the both worlds. I guess that logging off the PE client and starting vPilot or similar VATSIM client might cause some multiplayer engine conflicts. How should I go about doing this? Is the only way perhaps to save the flight after having left PE area, then quit P3D and load the flight again and connect vPilot to VATSIM? Thanks!!
Georg Liigand

ATCO (Tallinn ACC, Europe) / EASA PPL / ATPL+IR+MEP+FI in progress
Pilotedge: N5GL, N551GL, N7GL, N2GL
Keith Smith

Re: Flying from West Coast to East Coast - PilotEdge -> VATS

Post by Keith Smith »

Fire up PilotEdge, connect, receive service to the eastern edge of Denver Center (if you're a Western US Expansion subscriber), or the ZLA border (if you don't have a Western US Expansion subscription). Close PilotEdge application. Fire up your VATSIM client, connect to VATSIM, continue flight.

Alternatively, if you want ATC from startup to shutdown, SEA to PHX is a reasonable length flight that is entirely within network. If coast to coast is your specific goal, though, then have at it.

Ironically, we are doing some NY-related things this week and next. Check in with us #the_cadre channel in our Discord server (Pilot Center->Discord on our web site) for details. If you can time your arrival into JFK to conincide with our operation, you'll be happy with the result. Otherwise, if you the timing doesn't work out, the procedure for VATSIM should work.
speedbird1229

Post by speedbird1229 »

Thanks so much, Keith. Excellent tips and your idea about the 2-3 hour flight from Seattle to Phoenix is great! I think I will do just that since I have the Western Expansion too. Gotta buy a couple of sceneries first :D I must say I love your network, the whole concept and the realism you provide. The system is just so well suited for such online business and although the transitioning from European rules to US was quite a steep curve at first (and I still make mistakes there!), I have now somewhat gotten used to it.

Any plans to extend the coverage even further towards New York maybe and perhaps even cooperate with some European colleagues to cover some European areas? It seems like the concept would work pretty much everywhere and the staff seems to be the only concern.
Georg Liigand

speedbird1229

Post by speedbird1229 »

Here I am, cruising towards KPHX from KSEA :) Just awesome.
Screenshot 2017-02-02 02.53.03.png
Screenshot 2017-02-02 02.53.03.png (857.87 KiB) Viewed 2616 times
Georg Liigand