XPlane 11 running slow after Pilot Edge Connect

sfootlik

XPlane 11 running slow after Pilot Edge Connect

Post by sfootlik »

I recently installed XPlane 11 on my system after using XPlane 10 with Pilot Edge very successfully for some time. Everytime I connect to Pilot Edge, XPlane lags behind commands as much as 30 seconds making it impossible to continue with the simulation. There is no lag in XPlane by itself. Only when I start the Pilot Edge Plugin.

Has anyone had this happen and what can I do to remedy this.

I confirmed my audio setting for my headphones are set to Default Communication Device.

Pilot Edge v1.3.1
XPlane v 11.01

Thanks,
sfootlik

Re: XPlane 11 running slow after Pilot Edge Connect

Post by sfootlik »

A follow up. When I connect to Pilot Edge. Frame Rate drops from 27/sec to 1/sec!
ridikamus

Post by ridikamus »

This has happened to other users in the past and turned out to be related to sending traffic to ForeFlight via the VSProTrafficRelay.ini file. That's the first place I'd look, if I were you. See this thread for details about the nature of the problem and resolution:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5638&start=10#p39171

Also, the bottom section of this page details the location of the VSProTrafficRelay.ini file under the heading "Configuring traffic for ForeFlight":
http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/download-software-xplane

Hope this helps!
V-3 CAT-11 I-11
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It's likely that you had PilotEdge sending traffic to ForeFlight and the iPad was either powered down, or it changed IP addresses. This is something I'd like to be able to address in the future, but the library we use to do the networking is sensitive to whether the iPad is reachable or not. If we can swap to another networking implementation (at least for that feature), we should be able to make it more resilient to the target device being unavailable.
sfootlik

Post by sfootlik »

Thanks to all the responses. I found my IPAD IP had changed, once I edited the file to correct the address, Frame rate was back above 30/sec. Much appreciated.
Hpeterson10579

Post by Hpeterson10579 »

I'm curious... how did you edit the up address?
rtataryn

Post by rtataryn »

Hpeterson10579 wrote:I'm curious... how did you edit the up address?
Go to the VSProTrafficRelay.ini file in the PilotEdge plugins folder. There is only one line of text in that file: an IP address. Set that IP address to match your iPad IP address. Save and close the file.
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
Hpeterson10579

Post by Hpeterson10579 »

Thank you it worked! Kinda awesome to see the other flights!
msmith3972

Post by msmith3972 »

I'm running into this exact same issue, but I've tried the solution listed and nothing changed. I hadn't even changed the file from .bak to .ini. After reading this solution I changed the extension to .ini and modified the IP address to match my Ipad. Still had the frame rate drop. Deleted pilot edge and reinstalled, same issue. Removed the VSProTrafficRelay file completely and was able to have 'only' a 20fps drop. However, after about 20 minutes the frame rate dropped even further and I had to disconnect to continue. What is going on here?? Using XPlane V11.11, windows 10 with core 17 6700HQ, nvidia GTX1070
msmith3972

Post by msmith3972 »

Update: I set all rendering options to their lowest setting and got a frame rate of 70+ until I connected to pilotedge, at which point it dropped to 3. Would love to use this service but I need to get this working in XPLANE, don't really like the G1000 in FSX.