XPlane 11 running slow after Pilot Edge Connect

Marcus Becker

Re: XPlane 11 running slow after Pilot Edge Connect

Post by Marcus Becker »

msmith3972 wrote:Update: I set all rendering options to their lowest setting and got a frame rate of 70+ until I connected to pilotedge, at which point it dropped to 3. Would love to use this service but I need to get this working in XPLANE, don't really like the G1000 in FSX.
Have you tried using the recommended method to get support?
https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/contact

You might have better luck.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

You posted your message on a Friday...it's now a Sunday. I've been responding to tech support messages written to support@pilotedge.net throughout the weekend. I'll try the Cessna 172 G1000 and see what happens. The only log file posted thus far did have the traffic relay file in play.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If you guys have a chance, try connecting outside of areas that have ANY traffic and let me know if you still see the drop after 10 mins. For example, park in Florida somewhere.
jose2418

Post by jose2418 »

Any updates on this? c172 G1000 is unusable after 10min
Brandon Grchan

Post by Brandon Grchan »

FWIW I flew the G1000 cessna on PE less than a month ago for over 2 hours with no problems.
Brandon Grchan
PilotEdge Air Traffic Controller
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I did a 1hr session in the stock 172 G-1000 with a friend a few days ago and had zero issues: http://peaware.pilotedge.net/flight.cfm?id=251265

If anyone is experiencing the frame rate drop, please let me know so we can organize a time to do a screen share in real time to see if we can determine the cause.
activa

Post by activa »

Keith Smith wrote:If you guys have a chance, try connecting outside of areas that have ANY traffic and let me know if you still see the drop after 10 mins. For example, park in Florida somewhere.
I will try that this week.
wakencagent

Post by wakencagent »

Keith:

I am experiencing the issue of significant frame rate reduction (mid 40's to <10) when connecting to PE inside the service area. I followed your instructions and connected to PE while sitting on the runway at KTMB in Florida and experienced neglible, if any, rate reduction. I did submit an earlier email to the support address but realize you must get a lot of messages and it's only been a day or so. I'll wait to hear what can be done to rectify the situation. I also fly the G1000 C172.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

wakencagent wrote:Keith:

I am experiencing the issue of significant frame rate reduction (mid 40's to <10) when connecting to PE inside the service area. I followed your instructions and connected to PE while sitting on the runway at KTMB in Florida and experienced neglible, if any, rate reduction. I did submit an earlier email to the support address but realize you must get a lot of messages and it's only been a day or so. I'll wait to hear what can be done to rectify the situation. I also fly the G1000 C172.
Can you verify whether you have a VSProTrafficRelay.ini file in your pilotedge/VSPro Resources folder? Also, do you have the same issue in other aircraft, or is it only the G-1000 172?
raysot

Post by raysot »

I'm having the same issue. I usually have Foreflight running on my iPad and I honestly don't recall if I had traffic enabled on it. I see the same symptoms though. We got handed off to LA Center and after a few minutes X-Plane frame rates went to < 5 and subsequently crashed to desktop.

Same route, without PilotEdge and no issues.

I'll try to repro tonight with and without the iPad.