XPlane 11 running slow after Pilot Edge Connect

Sandeep

Re: XPlane 11 running slow after Pilot Edge Connect

Post by Sandeep »

I am having the same problem. I'm not sending data to any IPAD. As soon as I Connect to Pilot edge the Simulation slows down to a crawl.
I will not be able to use this service if this problem is not fixed. I am on a MAC OS X . It's a pity this service is really good.

Sandeep
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Sandeep wrote:I am having the same problem. I'm not sending data to any IPAD. As soon as I Connect to Pilot edge the Simulation slows down to a crawl.
I will not be able to use this service if this problem is not fixed. I am on a MAC OS X . It's a pity this service is really good.

Sandeep
Please swing by our Discord chat server for real time support. www.pilotedge.net/discord
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sandeep,

If you're certain you don't have VSProTrafficRelay.ini in place, then one suggestion would be to make sure you don't have XPRealistic installed, there are known conflicts with that plugin which have caused frame rate issues for other users.
Sandeep

Post by Sandeep »

Hi Kieth,
I do not have any other Plugins installed just Xplane-11 , I am using the stock C172-G1000.
On MAC OSX. I have tried both with the with and without the VSProTraffixRelay.ini , same
result.

I will try to find time for a real time support. Perhaps over the weekend.
Sandeep
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sandeep,

Try an aircraft other than the G-1000 C172, perhaps the steam 172 or the Baron. There have been intermittent reports of frame issues with the G-1000 C172 but we've never been able to replicate. Also ensure the # of AI aircraft is set to 0 in the aircraft selection screen.
Sandeep

Post by Sandeep »

Hi Keith,

I have tried you solution it did not work (Cessna 172 Steam gauges & AI aircraft 0)
It slows down to 1-2fps as soon as I connect to Pilot Edge.

Sandeep
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That is so strange, I don't know of any other cases where that's happened. One last test, can you connect in Chicago or Florida and let me know if the result is the same? I want to see if it's somehow related to attempts to draw traffic in the environment. By connecting well outside of the coverage area, there will be no drones or live traffic.
Sandeep

Post by Sandeep »

Hi Keith,

Yes that worked. If I fly out of Midway , then there is no problem. So what is the solution ?
Is there an option I can set ?

Sandeep
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Only thing I can think of is that you're hitting a VRAM limitation when it loads the additional visual models as you encounter them. What is your VRAM usage as reported by xplane in the grahpics settings when you're offline (or at midway)?

Try reducing your texture resolution in your XP graphics settings (I believe it requires a restart). As an extreme measure, bring it down to just one or two levels from the bottom (assuming it's quite high now), understanding that you might be able to go higher without a performance hit, but this way will be faster.

So, in summary, go back to Socal (LAX, SNA, etc) with reduced texture resolution settings in xplane and see if the frame rate remains more consistent. There's nothing that PilotEdge does internally which should reduce frame rates, the only thing I can think of is that when it asks the sim to draw the objects, the textures aren't fitting into the available VRAM on the video card, so it's swapping textures from system RAM to the video card VRAM, which is a death sentence for frame rates.
Sandeep

Post by Sandeep »

Hi Keith,

I think I found the solution, "Use Metal Driver for faster Rendering" has to checked in "Setting -> Graphics"
that seems to fix the problem, although still not sure why it only happened when I connect to PE.
Thank for your help.
Sandeep