[SOLVED] Transponder not synching in P3D (v4) with A2A C182?

SE-MIG

[SOLVED] Transponder not synching in P3D (v4) with A2A C182?

Post by SE-MIG »

Did my first flight to a towered airport today (and got my CAT-2), and was made aware the the in-sim transponder status (STDBY/On/Alt) did not synchronize with the PilotEdge transponder (by the very helpful controller). Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is this a "bug" in the client application, or perhaps an incompatibility with the A2A C182 aircraft? (And if so, will it be fixed?)

Since we are supposed to have the Xpndr on at pretty much all times, this isn't much of an issue, but I don't know if the same issue also applies to the IDENT function. If it does, then that's a bit more of an annoyance.

Any help or insight greatly appreciated. :)
Last edited by SE-MIG on Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
snglecoil

Re: Transponder not synching in P3D (v4)?

Post by snglecoil »

I haven't looked at P3D v4's SDK to see if this has changed, but the issue with prior versions of FSX/P3D is that the ident button doesn't map to an official event in the sim therefore and doesn't pass the ident button press to Simconnect for pilotedge to read. There are Lua scripts that can be made to work using FSUIPC for some of the 3rd Party airplanes like A2A. I used to have those working but haven't tak n the time to go back and figure them out after a new computer build. Outside of those, you just have to use the Pilotedge client unfortunately.
Chris
PE Call signs: N714VA or N619CT
SE-MIG

Post by SE-MIG »

Do you know which SimConnect events is the PE client listening for when it comes to turning the xpndr on/off and ident? If I know this I can probably create some LUA scripts myself to get things working here.
SE-MIG

Post by SE-MIG »

Actually I think I found it myself over at http://squawkbox.ca/doc/sdk/fsuipc.php
Seems to work, so now I just need to write to these FSUIPC offsets from my hardware controls here and I should be set to go! :)
SE-MIG

Re: Transponder not synching in P3D (v4) with A2A C182?

Post by SE-MIG »

So after some fiddling around, I managed to write a LUA script that can be used to make the IDENT and transponder mode of the default A2A C182 work with the PilotEdge client (Sqwuakbox). I thought I'd share my solution if anyone is interested.

What I did was to place the following LUA script in a file called "...\P3D\Modules\A2A-XPDR.lua":

Code: Select all

function A2A_OnXpdrModeChanged(varname, value)
	if value == 4 then
		if ipc.readUB(0x7b91) > 0 then
			ipc.writeUB(0x7b91,0)
			ipc.display("XPDR Mode C", 2)
		end
	else
		if ipc.readUB(0x7b91) == 0 then
			ipc.display("XPDR Mode Stdby", 2)
			ipc.writeUB(0x7b91,1)
		end
	end
end

function A2A_XpdrIdentPressed(varname, value)
	local mode = ipc.readLvar("xpdr_onoff_knob_pos")

if mode >= 3 then
		if value == 1 then
			ipc.writeUB(0x7b93, 1)
			ipc.display("XPDR IDENT", 1, 2)
		end
	end
end

event.Lvar("xpdr_onoff_knob_pos", 1000, "A2A_OnXpdrModeChanged")
event.Lvar("xpdr_ident_button", 200, "A2A_XpdrIdentPressed")

Then I modified the FSUIPC.ini file and added an [Auto] section to start this lua file, like so:

Code: Select all

[auto.A2A_C182]
lua A2A-XPDR
Note that this will not work if you use the GTN-750/650 to control the transponder. I have yet to figure if it is possible to get these working, but for the default transponder it seems to work fine.
(The lines containing "ipc.display" can be removed if you don't want to be notified that the transponder mode change was registered and propagated to the PE-client).
SE-MIG

Re: [SOLVED] Transponder not synching in P3D (v4) with A2A C

Post by SE-MIG »

And of course only now do I realize I posted this in the wrong forum, and someone already fixed this for a lot of aircraft in this post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6372
AbelGill

Re: [SOLVED] Transponder not synching in P3D (v4) with A2A C

Post by AbelGill »

Hi....update error with C172 Trainer. If you have the C172 and ran the 06/27 update, re-run this update. If it says the 172 is up to date, then this means the install is OK. If not, it will re-apply the update. If you still get an error with the C172, look in your A2A / Cessna 172 folder, and delete the "update_fsx" folder and re-run. Sorry for the trouble.

assembly pcb