[ Locked ] Aircraft

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
FDXDave

[ Locked ] Aircraft

Post by FDXDave »

I'm a newby to this FSE World. Does anyone know how long the plane you rent is locked before it goes back to the public?
I've choosen assignments over the past couple days and their expiration date is obvious as to how long those jobs will stay in your "my flight". But i notice that if i grab a plane and not fly the mission right away that at some point the plane disappears from "my flight". So is there a set time that the plane goes away or is it random? Seams like it's a very short time. I'm guessing maybe 2-6 hours. I understand the meaning behind it. The system doesn't want people hanging on to AC for later use when others want to use it. Under my flight there is the Aircraft section which has the title
"aircraft hold or release when no assignments on board" it's been on release. I just changed it to hold. Not sure of the functionality of this option.

Thanks.

Dave
Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: [ Locked ] Aircraft

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

It depends on what the aircraft owner has the "Max Rental" set to. If you click on the aircraft registration and look at the "hours" section, you'll see the max rental time in hours.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

Shawn Goldsworthy wrote:It depends on what the aircraft owner has the "Max Rental" set to. If you click on the aircraft registration and look at the "hours" section, you'll see the max rental time in hours.
Ah, So that's not just air time, that's when ever you are holding onto an aircraft as well. The only difference being your not being charged an hourly rate while the AC is locked.

Thanks.
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

FDXDave wrote:
Shawn Goldsworthy wrote:It depends on what the aircraft owner has the "Max Rental" set to. If you click on the aircraft registration and look at the "hours" section, you'll see the max rental time in hours.
Ah, So that's not just air time, that's when ever you are holding onto an aircraft as well. The only difference being your not being charged an hourly rate while the AC is locked.

Thanks.
Exactly!
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS