Unable to Change Output Device

vualpilot@gmail.com

Unable to Change Output Device

Post by vualpilot@gmail.com »

So I am new to PE, obviously. I am trying to figure out how to change the audio output in PE. I go to preference several of my audio sources are listed, however it will not allow me to change them. I am using xplane 11. Please help.
Marcus Becker

Re: Unable to Change Output Device

Post by Marcus Becker »

Set in widows audio settings with the default communication device.
ajcarrion

Post by ajcarrion »

I have the same problem. XP11.25 can't change PE to the speakers (headsets) and XP to the TV. Any fix? The "Plugins>Pilotedge>preferences>audio output" doesn't allow any changes despite having the two options.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

X-Plane audio settings don't use what is in the Pilotedge plug in. For Windows machines you need to set up your device to be the "Default Communications Device" in the Windows audio settings.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

ajcarrion wrote:I have the same problem. XP11.25 can't change PE to the speakers (headsets) and XP to the TV. Any fix? The "Plugins>Pilotedge>preferences>audio output" doesn't allow any changes despite having the two options.
X-Plane uses the DEFAULT DEVICE from the playback device list for its output (engines, alarms, ambient noise, system-generated ATIS, etc).

PilotEdge uses the the DEFAULT COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE in the playback device list for radio output, unless its overridden by the preferences. I'm not sure why you're unable to select a device from the plugin prefs screen. Try deleting your VSProSound.ini file from the "xplane/plugins/PilotEdge/VSPro Resources" folder and starting X-Plane again. Let me know if the prefs work for you at that point.
ajcarrion

Post by ajcarrion »

That fixed it, Keith. Thanks! I was at wit's end.

AC
SoCal_Pilot

Post by SoCal_Pilot »

Keith, I ran into the same problem and deleting the VSProSound.ini file worked - more or less.

Here's what I did (this is on X-Plane 11.51)
1. Connected a USB headset to my computer.
2. Removed an existing 3.5mm connected headset from my computer (which had been PilotEdge's audio input and output device)
3. Started X-plane.
4. Observed I could not change the audio output (input was set to the USB headset's microphone - so, not a problem).

I then deleted VSProSound.ini, set the default audio output device to my headset audio, and restarted X-plane.

I observed that PilotEdge now defaulted to the USB headset as audio, but I still could not change audio to other outputs (i.e. my TV's speakers, or my touch panel speakers).

Exited X-Plane, set Windows default audio to TV speakers. Restarted X-Plane. Now, X-plane sends audio via the TV and PE sends audio via the USB headset.

So, it "fixed' my problem, but I still cannot change audio output devices via the PE plugin preferences.
-----------------------------------------------------
Charath Ram Ranganathan
CFII, AGI, IGI (Blog)
Azusa, CA