loud static, audio completely garbled

bryandodd

loud static, audio completely garbled

Post by bryandodd »

Good afternoon!

Today was my first time flying on the PilotEdge network, but I've experienced a very strange issue.
Shortly after takeoff and just after being handed off to my departure frequency, all audio was virtually overrun by loud static. The audio was perfectly clear prior to this, but once the static started, I couldn't understand a word anyone was saying.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting to the network but this did not resolve the issue, also swapped to a different headset and mic.

I am using X-Plane 11 and have a 400 mbps internet connection.

Have I missed a step somewhere in the actions I should be performing? Is this an effect built-in by design if the user takes the wrong steps? Just trying to think about what I might have messed up.
Kevin_atc

Re: loud static, audio completely garbled

Post by Kevin_atc »

Ensure your COM2 is off, or tuned to a specific frequency that you’ll need to use (departure control, ATIS, CTAF...). You were probably monitoring a far away frequency on COM2.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
bryandodd

Re: loud static, audio completely garbled

Post by bryandodd »

Thank you for a quick reply! I'm sure you're correct that this is my problem. I'll confirm this evening. Thanks again!