Plugin Not Working Correctly

Plugin Not Working Correctly

Postby OutlinedSaturn2 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:13 pm

When I launch the plugin, everything connects perfectly fine. However, I have no audio from the pilotedge network coming through my speakers and it doesn't disable the default contact atc key. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?
OutlinedSaturn2

Re: Plugin Not Working Correctly

Postby Keith Smith » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:50 pm

If the contact ATC command is bringing up the ATC window, then it means the plugin wasn't able to initialize the input/output devices at the time X-Plane was loading. The solution would to be to make sure the headset is connected prior to starting X-Plane, not just prior to connecting to PilotEdge.
Keith Smith

Postby OutlinedSaturn2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Hi Keith,

The headset was connected prior to starting X-Plane. It might be possible that I have it configured wrong but I'm not sure how exactly that would be. I'm reinstalling both X-Plane and PilotEdge to see if that helps it but I'm not sure if that'll work. The plugin was also connected to a random audio output when I opened preferences, and not my default communications device. I would really appreciate any help you can provide.

Edit: I should also mention that I can connect to the network and see myself on the map on the website. I can also see other traffic in game
OutlinedSaturn2

Postby Keith Smith » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:02 pm

The preferences screen showing a random device is likely because nothing was specifically overridden via a saved preference prior to that. In those cases, it should've used your default comms device for output. As a result, I am guessing the audio issue is related to the input device, but we'll see.

Can you post a copy of your pilotedge_out.txt file after you connect/disconnect?
Keith Smith

Postby OutlinedSaturn2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi Keith,

I reinstalled the game and can now hear the connected to pilotedge message. However now it says voice disabled and I still cannot hear anything. All of my input devices are connected prior to launching X-Plane, and I have them set as default communications device.

I'm not sure where that file is so if you could let me know that would be much appreciated and then I will upload it.
OutlinedSaturn2

Postby kevin meyers » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:10 pm

What model of headset are you using? I believe there are 1 or 2 headsets that don’t work if I recall correctly.
Kevin
Retired PilotEdge Air Traffic Controller / Instructor
kevin meyers

Postby OutlinedSaturn2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:22 pm

I messed around with my audio settings a bit and found something that worked. Thank you so much for your help
OutlinedSaturn2

Return to X-Plane