CAT Rating Airport Selection

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
skyhigh

CAT Rating Airport Selection

Post by skyhigh »

Hello,

I'm just getting started and have been working on my CAT 1 test. But I'm having problems with X-plane crashing each and every time in the same location, about 10 miles west of New Cuyama Airport (L88).

My question is, is it permissible to use any two airports so long as both meet the requirements of the test criteria?

Thanks for your help.
Kevin_atc

Re: CAT Rating Airport Selection

Post by Kevin_atc »

Did you turn your AI aircraft off?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
skyhigh

Post by skyhigh »

I don't see an option for that on any settings screen. The only thing I found that is similar is and option for "Draw parked aircraft", which is checked. I also have ATC messages and audio turned off (and for some reason my ATC has never worked anyway).

What am I missing?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It's on the top right of the AIRCRAFT selection screen, titled AI AIRCRAFT.

Btw, I'd highly recommend you swing by our Discord server, you can get a lot of these really simple questions answered in real time there: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/discord-community
skyhigh

Post by skyhigh »

Thank you, I found it. I wasn't even aware that this setting existed so thanks for teaching me.

So should I have this setting check to off every time I use PilotEdge?
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

skyhigh wrote:Thank you, I found it. I wasn't even aware that this setting existed so thanks for teaching me.

So should I have this setting check to off every time I use PilotEdge?
Yes. It should save automatically so once you remove the ai Aircraft, there shouldn’t be a need to ever touch it again.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
skyhigh

Post by skyhigh »

Great, thank you for your help!
skyhigh

Post by skyhigh »

I'm back from completing the flight with no technical issues. However, I don't see a pass or fail posting to my account. I also can't find any FAQ information on this so I'm posting here.

I waited about 10 minutes after completing the flight to disconnect. It's been about two hours since I finished. How long does it take to get the results?

Thanks for your help.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

skyhigh wrote:I'm back from completing the flight with no technical issues. However, I don't see a pass or fail posting to my account. I also can't find any FAQ information on this so I'm posting here.

I waited about 10 minutes after completing the flight to disconnect. It's been about two hours since I finished. How long does it take to get the results?

Thanks for your help.
Reading is going to be your biggest tool on PilotEdge. Nearly every answer to every question found on these forums is on the website. Did you submit your CAT-1 flight once you landed? If you don’t know what I’m referring to, reread the cat-1 page line by line and you’ll see how to do it.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
skyhigh

Post by skyhigh »

Thanks very much. I will try to be more mindful about the details going forward.

SH.