CAT Rating Airport Selection

Questions and comments about the PE Pilot Training Program
Keith Smith

Re: CAT Rating Airport Selection

Post by Keith Smith »

The next issue you're likely to run into is that you'll finish a future rating, the controller will say, "pass for the CAT-4" (for example), then you'll log off, come back to do the CAT5 and find that the CAT-4 wasn't actually submitted. We get a few of these per week. Then answer can be found by the Taking the Tests page which is linked from the top of the ratings pages: https://pilotedge.net/pages/taking-the-tests

The last bullet point in that list is really, really important, but a lot of pilots miss it.
skyhigh

Post by skyhigh »

Hi Guys,

<< Back again but with a new question. And since it falls under the same topic of selecting an airport I decided not to make a new post. >>

In regards to taking a CAT rating test, are we limited to using the published airport(s) in the CAT description? The reason I'm asking is because today I wanted to to the CAT 5 but because of weather I wasn't able since it wasn't VFR weather conditions. So if I were able to choose airports in an area where the weather was favorable I could complete the test criteria. But is this permissible with PilotEdge?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked a thousand times in the past.

(Perhaps you might consider using an "ask and answer" forum at some time in the future to alleviate this problem)
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

skyhigh wrote:Hi Guys,

<< Back again but with a new question. And since it falls under the same topic of selecting an airport I decided not to make a new post. >>

In regards to taking a CAT rating test, are we limited to using the published airport(s) in the CAT description? The reason I'm asking is because today I wanted to to the CAT 5 but because of weather I wasn't able since it wasn't VFR weather conditions. So if I were able to choose airports in an area where the weather was favorable I could complete the test criteria. But is this permissible with PilotEdge?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked a thousand times in the past.

(Perhaps you might consider using an "ask and answer" forum at some time in the future to alleviate this problem)

Yes, you must fly the prescribed airport combinations. You can use custom weather, though.

I highly suggest you swing by our Discord chat server: www.pilotedge.net/discord as that's much more of a Q&A environment.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
skyhigh

Post by skyhigh »

Great, thank you.