Custom Airport Scenery Requests

Scott Medeiros

Custom Airport Scenery Requests

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Have you noticed an airport in MSFS that has missing or outdated taxiways and runways? List your requests here to request help from community volunteers. Requests should be for airport layout updates only, not full custom airports or custom assets. If the scenery developer chooses to include extras, that is their perogative. All work is intended to be done voluntarily, free of charge. No monetary transactions should be requested, nor take place.

Include the airport ICAO code, airport name, and reason for your request.
For example:

KLGB - Long Beach Airport (Daugherty Field) - Taxiways and runways are outdated. (Not Started)
KBFL - Bakersfield Meadows Field Airport - Runway displaced thresholds, taxiways outdated. (Not Started)
Last edited by Scott Medeiros on Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SlvrBuletNChil

Re: Custom Airport Scenery Requests

Post by SlvrBuletNChil »

KBFL- Bakersfield Meadows Field
The taxiways are incorrectly named(as with most default airports)
Runway 31L displaced threshold is significantly longer then it actually is.
Runway 31R threshold is not asphalt as it is in the sim.
The closed taxiway leading from the KCSO ramp to 31R, and to the southeast ramp no longer exists.
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

I understand what you mean for the displaced thresholds, Asobo uses pretty outdated satelite imagery.
As far as the taxiway from KCSO to the southeast ramp, all my reference sources and airport diagram shows that it still exists. Do you have a picture to illistrate what you mean? I'm hoping the next large update, which is focusing on the US, will include updated satelite imagery, and will fix some of the airport issues.

It will be a little while before I can get around to this project, but if you have photos it will help with accuracy and possibly custom airport buildings.
SlvrBuletNChil

Post by SlvrBuletNChil »

Sorry for the late response but here's a rough idea of what I meant. Everything highlighted red is asphalt in the sim.
Attachments
KBFL MSFS new.png
KBFL MSFS new.png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 4879 times
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Oh ok, I see what you mean now. I was thinking the little east/west one just below and out of the picture. I'll post updates on the top post, next to BFL.