XP11.5 crashing with Big Sur

MartyO

XP11.5 crashing with Big Sur

Post by MartyO »

Hi,

I've posted this on Discord, but Kevin thought it might get some more exposure if I posted here as well.

I have been flying without a hitch on PE up until I upgraded to Mac OS Big Sur (11.0.1). Since the change, I am fine when I fly XP as a stand alone program but when I add the PE plugin, I'm crashing. This is usually happening after about 20 minutes or so of being connected to the network.

The log.text says "This application has crashed because of plugin" PilotEdge.

It appears that I can't upload a .txt file here , so let me know how I can get the log.txt files to you as well as the PIlotEdge_out.txt file to you.

Let me know if there is any other information that might be relevant that wold help in problem solving this issue.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Keith Smith

Re: XP11.5 crashing with Big Sur

Post by Keith Smith »

The crash log is what we'd need. I'm going to have to try to get access to newer Mac with the latest OS to be able to debug properly, I suspect. If you can post the content of the crash log, that would be best as it will tell me which function within the code is causing the issue.
MartyO

Post by MartyO »

Hi Keith,

I started XP11 and connected to the network and let if fail on it's own. The only thing you'll see on your end is me connecting to the network. I didn't do anything inside the cockpit, just connected and let it run unit the failure point. Apple provided me with a "problem report for X-Plane 10.5043" so I hope this is what you are looking for. Let me know if there are other pieces to the puzzle that would help you as well.

Again, I didn't change any aspects of the configuration with the exception of migrating to 11.0.1. Everything (including PE) worked fine when I was at 10.5.whatever it was.

Thanks for addressing this issue.
Attachments
Log.docx
(37.48 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
Problem Report for X-Plane 11.50r3.docx
(50.12 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Marty,

Disable your traffic relay to ForeFlight for now. That's where the issue is occuring according to this stack trace (rename the VSProTrafficRelay.ini back to .bak)
MartyO

Post by MartyO »

Hi Keith,

Thanks for looking into this. I've done the rename and am connected to PE and just sitting at KPAE. I'll let it run and see if that did the trick.

Marty
MartyO

Post by MartyO »

Hi Keith,

Okay, looks like that did the trick. I just sat at KPAE for a good 1:45 and it stayed connected. I then signed out and signed back in and flew from KYKM to KOLM without any issues.

So is the only the thing that changed, at this point, is that I can't see PE traffic on Foreflight? If you could let me know, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the quick response to this issue!

Marty
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Marty,

Yes, the VSProTrafficRelay.ini file is used exclusively to relay traffic to ForeFlight So, that's the only functionality you've disabled.
lebovitzn

Post by lebovitzn »

Hi,

Just wondering as this thread hasn't been updated in 3 months.
Is there a fix to the ForeFlight connection crash for Big Sur?
Or is there an ETA for the fix?

Thanks!!!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It'll be at least a few weeks before I can look, I need to get access to a Big Sur test environment to try to replicate.
MartyO

Post by MartyO »

Hi, it's been a while since I did a group event so this hasn't been high on my list of things to check out again.

As you might expect, this is still an issue. In fact, I have upgraded to IOS 11.3 just isn case it might have made a difference. It didn't. So this issue still exists.

I know those of us using Macs are in the minority here so it's far from a priority (obviously) but thought I'd update you.

Thanks!