Need Help, New Problem/Old Install

Kilstorm

Need Help, New Problem/Old Install

Post by Kilstorm »

I've been using PE with XPlane11 for a long time and no issues. I have my yoke key assigned and my mic and speakers set to my VR headset. I've gone through the Rift CV!, Rist S and now Reverb G2 and always able to use PE. However, out of the blue I cant keep my sound assigned in XPlane where when I click the mic it works for Xplane and where I would normally click 5 times to connect to PE, it just brings up default ATC. If I manually connect I get sound disabled. Perhaps I got a windows update that messed things up? Dunno. The issues is that everytime I open XP, my speakers are changed in the PE preference from the headset to my speakers. That and by clicking the Contact ATC assigned button I get XP ATC window.

Please help. Ive gone back to the Rift S as well. So both headsets give me this error.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Kilstorm

Re: Need Help, New Problem/Old Install

Post by Kilstorm »

To Add, I downloaded the PE zip and tried doing a reinstall over the old files and now I cant start the XP 11.50 app. I get a CTD after launch. Remove the PE folder and the app starts.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Kilstorm

Post by Kilstorm »

Nevermind. I replaced the PE folder completely instead of overwriting the files and the problem seems to have fixed itself. ?!
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

You might have had a legacy audio preferences file in place. That's why starting with a fresh install likely made the difference. You might want to utilize the Discord server, it's generally better for tech support.

Also, I moved this to the xplane sub forum, please post in the most specific forum that's relevant to your situation.