Default Model Mismatch

Paradisepilot

Default Model Mismatch

Post by Paradisepilot »

The "Default Model" problem is the one I am having. After reading another post on this very topic, I was confident that using the exact text listed for the C172 steam gauge aircraft would solve it. However, having tried it, neither the text listed nor any of the other things I have tried has fixed the problem. I have been able to fly one flight with PE connected the entire way, (before having this problem) but upon attempting my CAT 1 test, several tries in a row have failed due to being disconnected. It will connect and log in to the network for a minute or so at a time, but then immediately kick me out, even if I have been receiving and monitoring radio traffic.

I don't really understand the explanation about other users aircraft and the default model. Is there a way to override this? If you look at the attached screenshot, you can see that I have tried several different lines of text for my "Default Model" setting, with the last ones being the exact aircraft filename from the sim folders.

Any ideas ? I love the idea of PE, but after expending a ton of time, I have only managed to fly one flight with it connected, right after installation. Everything after that has seemed like it was working for upwards of a few minutes, then immediately disconnects with the "Default Model" error message. See screenshot.
Attachments
PE screenshot.JPG
PE screenshot.JPG (92.44 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Scot - Aviator in Paradise
Happy Real-Life Private Pilot
Frustrated Sim Pilot
Kevin_atc

Re: Default Model Mismatch

Post by Kevin_atc »

Did you try “Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo”?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Answered in the other forum post. Please avoid double posting.
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Moving the conversation here so as to not clutter up the other post with troubleshooting. Most of this is copied and pasted from the Discord responses.

1. Try uninstalling the Pilot client and reinstalling. When you uninstall, in addition to uninstalling it like you would any other windows program, also go into your …users/appdata folder and manually delete anything with the pilotedge Pilot client before reinstalling. Ensure the manual deletion step is completed in order to remove all configuration and setting files. Doing this will ensure we're starting from a known base installed program with known default settings.
2. Reinstall the PilotEdge Client, do not change any settings related to model matching, no need to ever open that tab honestly. The default model will already be set as “Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo”.
3. Attempt a flight from L52. Some of the drones nearby are fighter aircraft. The simulator couldn't find a similar aircraft in your sim library to display the HUNT & STING aircraft, so it went to the default model (Cessna 172). The reason you did not experience this error in KYKM is because there are no fighter drones nearby, and model matching was working correctly.
4. If you are still experiencing this error, it is because something is preventing the client from finding the default G1000 C172. If you have you installed any mods or repaints for the default 172, please move them from the community folder somewhere else while troubleshooting.
5. If step 4 doesn't solve the issue, we need to verify the contents of the aircraft.cfg file for the default G1000 C172.
Navigate to your Official folder, > OneStore> Asobo-aircraft-c172sp-as1000 > SimObjects > Airplanes > Asobo_C172sp_AS1000 folder and open the file named aircraft.cfg with notepad. Find the line under [FLTSIM.0] and verify it shows title = “Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo”
(You will not find an aircraft.cfg file for the round dial C172 because it is a premium product, and Asobo has encrypted this file to prevent piracy.)
6. If you cannot find the files described in step #5, or there is no line with title = “Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo”, then the default 172 has been corrupted, and you should delete and reinstall the aircraft in the MSFS content manager.