KSBA

Tyler084

KSBA

Post by Tyler084 »

Hello,

Being a PE user for almost a year now. Love the real world ATC comms in the sim. My home town is KSBA and i fly in and out IRL at times. On the sim I fly out of my hometown all the time. I wanted to share this link that the FAA made about how KSBA operations work for pilots. I do want to note and hope that PE ATC controllers can maybe make adjustments like in real atc. Example would be that I fly a jet VFR and that I need climb ALT restriction to 1,500ft but I know in real ATC in their clearance is at or below 3,000ft when departing 25. At or below 1,500ft departing on 15L/R is common. When arriving either VFR or IFR from the west, usually its common to make a left downwind over the water for jets due to noise abatement for 25. For props, doesn't matter. Arriving from the East, proper procedure as stated in this video is to follow the Freeway 101 and call 2 mile left base for 15L/R. For jets its follow the shoreline and enter right base on the more mesa. Hopefully this is some good advise for the controllers. What I am getting is since I fly from my home town airport and that PE gives real world ATC instructions that maybe they would do the same here. Thank you ATC controllers for making my experience overall fun and knowledgeable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFEQGtMxMUw
Anthony Santanastaso

Re: KSBA

Post by Anthony Santanastaso »

Hi Tyler, you’ll be happy to know that these procedures are already in effect in our SOP due to latest guidance provided by the FAA. Thanks for sharing!
Anthony Santanastaso
PilotEdge ATCS
Private Pilot ASEL
Twitch broadcasts: Archived | Live