Bose A20 vs Logitech G Pro X

CFII_MEI

Bose A20 vs Logitech G Pro X

Post by CFII_MEI »

Hi y’all,

Running MSFS 2020 under Win 10 on a Dell Optiplex with no sound card. I was wondering if anyone is using the Logitech G Pro X headset. Thought about using my Bose A20s, but I’m pretty sure I’d have to install a sound card.

I’ve built a very acceptable non-certified BATD with Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo controls, but really want to get into an ATC environment with MSFS. Realism is a priority for me, so I’m looking for suggestions how to get online with PilotEdge with a best in class solution. I keep coming back to the Logitech G Pro X, but I’m open to to suggestions if anyone thinks the A20 is a better choice.

One question comes to mind if I used the G Pro X: how would I handle the PTT? Also, if I used the A20s, would I have to worry about a mic impedance mismatch with the PilotEdge software?

Appreciate any suggestions anyone out there might have, and thanks for any feedback.

New to the board; first post.

Regards,
Al Keegan
CFII/MEI
Texas
Kevin_atc

Re: Bose A20 vs Logitech G Pro X

Post by Kevin_atc »

Real world headsets are way overkill for a sim. Honestly, you’d be perfectly fine with a cheap $30 headset from Walmart or Amazon. That’s likely to give you less trouble, anyways.

The push to talk is mapped through PilotEdge.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord