ATC

JustinWheat

ATC

Post by JustinWheat »

Is there a solution out to have a better reception of ATC? I have turned down all the sound settings in X Plane 10.22 0% and the Comm Radio setting is maxed out 100%. I can still hear the engine noises, etc., why is this? I have the sounds coming through external speakers through a dedicated sound card. Would a multi-pc help this situation where ATC could go to headset while all other sounds go to external speakers from second pc?
Mooniac

Re: ATC

Post by Mooniac »

I had that problem with the Carenado Mooney M20J on X-Plane. The xp sound controls won't turn down the engine noise, but I saw a posting that the annunciator panel volume (on the aircraft panel) would do that. That works for me. Every time I start up, I have to turn that volume way down so I can barely hear the engines while idling. If I don't, the noise at full throttle will drown out ATC.
Alisha Clarke
Instrument Rated SEL PPL
Mooney M20F owner/pilot
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

I use the sound mixer and turn down the sim's volume there. Remember that when using PE, ATC sound is from a different application, so you can adjust the volumes independently. At least, on Windows. I have no idea which OS you're using.
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Forgot to post but I'm using Windows 7
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

SOP in Xplane is to reduce the engine volume. However, since Carenado apparently has its own engine noise, that will mean the engine sound setting in xplane isn't relevant and a vendor-specific method has to be used, as Alicia pointed out.

Changing the com radio volume in Xplane doesn't change the volume of our plugin, since plugins don't have any access to that setting.
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

So any work around for this?
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Thanks got it figured out for the Baron. Anyone know where the secret knob is located in the new King Air?